Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WANTED:70-up "fixer upper"

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by conoverbandit, Jan 24, 2002.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

WANTED:70-up \"fixer upper\"

Wanted: K-5 blazer "fixer upper" not a hole lot to debate here, they only things I would like for it to have is : clear title, axles and trans/t-case. Engine unimportant, interior un important, doors are optional except the back one would like for it to have that one, prefer 203 t-case w/auto hub axle, but any would be welcomed,color not important, body wise ? open on that subject.also like to have a top on it if possible. willing to travel to:SC,VA,WV,Tenn,GA,areas to pick up, I live in NC so if any here too. Looking fer a project for my wife that i can build and fix like she want's Thank you for any leads/ideas on this.My e-mail is trasher415@hotmail.com

Thanks, Conoverbandit

71 gmc 3/4 tom lwb
    75 chevy 1/2 4x4

want to find a fixer upper blazer k-5

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

Re: WANTED:70-up \"fixer upper\"

i have an 78 it has rebuilt 350 with 203 case parttime kit just installed new 4inch lift lots of new parts looks good but has rust asking 2500 for it have alot more in it i am in ga can send you pic

4x4k20

3. hotstuff

hotstuff 1/2 ton status

i have a 79 for sale. body rough but rebuilt engine (8,000 miles) rebuilt tranny (350,with 3500 miles) 3:42 gears new rear drums brakes ,front ball joints,headers dual exhaust,brake lines ,shocks and a whole bunch of new parts within past 10 months.runs awesome.also has fixed yoke transfer case.warn lockout hubs.clear title frame is straight.
    hotstuff
    you can email me at home (alyssa_1@msn.com) please let me know if interested because it might get parted out real soon

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: WANTED:70-up

Just a quick note....I'm not sure if you're looking for a "real cheap" K5 to start with, but I've watched a few guys go that route and spend a LOT of money repairing all the "little stuff" and not so little stuff! [​IMG]

Sometimes it's worth spending a little more than you want to "up front"....and you'll save a lot of aggravation and money in the long run. This is ESPECIALLY true if you start focusing on the 1st Gen K5's (1969-1972). They seem to have a strong appetite for green, rectangular bills.....$20's, $50's, $100's....etc. [​IMG]

Sometimes the "beater" can need SO much work that it just becomes depressing and takes the fun out of the project.....

Just my .02

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

5. calvin

calvin 1/2 ton status

I have a 79 shortbed from Texas, has few small spot's of rust. I would need at least 7K for her though.

Built 396, New 33" Mickey Baja's, rebuilt 203,new 3.73's and on and on

Can see pics in my sig

<a target="_blank" href=http://irocz.cz28.com>http://irocz.cz28.com</a>
    79' Chevy Custom Deluxe shortbed K10, 396 ,pics on site