Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted 73-91 tailgate

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Liberator, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a rear tailgate for a 73-91 K5 Blazer. The tailgate must be in good condition and may have very little to no rust. A complete tailgate with all parts and window glass is preferred. I will consider buying an incomplete tailgate once all the details of your tailgate are known to me. I can arrange freight shipping but you must crate or pallet. The closer you are to California the better.
    Thanks,
    Bo

2. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

I have a tailgate(manual window) complete except inside metal cover panel and crank-handle thing for outside from a '80 k5 that I am parting. Glass is good and no rust, 1 hailstone size ding. Located close to Baton rouge, LA.

3. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

4. bigdog213

bigdog213 Guest

hey pal, i'v got a tail gate off an 86' k5 it's grey and black with all the power window equipment if you havent found one yet let me know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

my bad, I got the window rolled down today and dropped the gate, and it does have cancer on the bottom edge, still solid, but rusted through a little. $50- no inside cover panel or crank if anybody wants it, or will keep to later convert my '87 to manual window later.

6. rdwest1369

rdwest1369 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    wow ......i also have a tailgate too, geez seems like have everything you need. here is some pics.Note tailgate has some holes from external tire carrier and no window.

http://community.webshots.com/user/marshall_wilson4

[/ QUOTE ] do you still have the tailgate? what year is it on ? How much if you still have it
    need to replace the tailgate on my 78 Jimmy
    thanks
    Rich W

7. rdwest1369

[ QUOTE ]
    hey pal, i'v got a tail gate off an 86' k5 it's grey and black with all the power window equipment if you havent found one yet let me know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    do you still Have this tailgate ? if so How much do you want for it ?
    thanks
    Rich W

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I've got one off an 88 with no rust, no dents and everything except window switch and motor.. $60.00+ shipping, in Arizona.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Jerry.

9. rdwest1369

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got one off an 88 with no rust, no dents and everything except window switch and motor.. $60.00+ shipping, in Arizona.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Jerry.

[/ QUOTE ]
    thanks I dont know if that will fit my 78 though Im pretty sure it will I know that 78-85 were pretty much the same let me do some research on it ( according to the LMC catalog it should fit ) now all i need to do is convince my wife I need to spend More $$ on it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif any idea as to the shipping costs to zip 75080?
    thanks again
    Rich W

10. rdwest1369

Jerry please let me know the details (ie shipping to richardson Texas75080) if not to costly then you got a deal
    thanks Rich