Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WANTED: 795cfm Quadrajet

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by tuffdogstudio, Jul 31, 2005.

1. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

I need to replace the carb on the 454 in my 1984 Suburban (Engine is 1986 I believe, its the hot air choke type that I need). Looking for new or recently rebuilt 795cfm Quadrajet that I can bolt on and go. Preferrably set up for around 7,000' elevation.

Anyone out there have what I'm looking for, for sale?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

q jets were 750 and 800

hot air choke started in the 70s, not as manmy hot air chokes in the 80s but i know were still some in 84 on the 3/4 and 1 tons(non E4ME models) 17080203 model for example)

the odds of finding one with or without electronic control, with or without hot aie choke and also the CFM size yo want will be fun

need to know details, as i may have one around or can build and test one

good luck

3. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

800cfm works for me... just for some reason was told they were 795cfm. Its a 1986 or so 454, havent contorted myself into the position needed yet to see the block casting numbers for exact year. Its been transplanted into my 1984 3/4 Suburban, currently the engine has headers with 3" exhaust and smog systems bypassed, those are the only mods made that I know of.

If its no big deal I'll put an electric choke carb on this bad boy, don't think it will be too big of a deal to do that.

I say its hot air carb because of the airfilter housing has the butterfly deal in the neck of the fresh air intake with a tube going down to where the exhaust manifold used to be, theres also a vacume line connected to the actual flapper deal... could even be electric choke carb sitting there, I should prolly confirm which carb is on this frankenstein.

I had the carb casting numbers at one point but dont see 'em anymore... will get that as well tomorrow when its daylight again.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

That flapper on the air cleaner has nothing to do with the choke.
    The hot air choke will have a coil on the intake with a lever to attach the carb choke. The coil will expand with heat and move the choke lever.
    I have a couple of those carbs but no idea on the condition.
    one was on a running 454.