Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted and For sale items

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Hustler, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone,
    I have a question. Why don't anyone that has something For Sale or Wanted that is in the Midwest, post here also?

I just spent an hour going through the Wanted and For Sales items and most of what I wanted or needed is from people that by the time I pay shipping, really isn't that good of a deal. Maybe its me, but I thought I would post this question anyway. What do you guys think?

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

It's against the rules! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Steve doesn't want the forums to get jumbled and think about this, why would we want to sell our parts - just to the midwest, when we can sell them to anyone in the CK5 user area. It would be great for the purchaser, but not good for the seller.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I need to edit the rules a bit (do I even have this written somewhere? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif), I don't have a problem if someone wants to sell items in the local forums, especialy the bulky stuff, from a seller stand point though you would get greater exposuer from the for sale forum.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Well there you have it, straight from the source...

EDIT: This was taken from the Admin forum. [ QUOTE ]
    Please keep your forums on topic to land issues and local wheeling, I am seeing a lot of tech posts that should be in the main tech section and for sale items that should be in the main for sale page as well.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I would think placing a link to your for sale post would be cool, but trying to post to two different for sale posts is a little nuts. If a person want's to sell only to the local area, thats fine too - but IMHO, I think a person trying to sell something is shooting themselves in the foot by limiting their potential purchasers. This way your mojo doesn't get caught up in their mojo and your cross mojinations start...

I'll not move any For Sale posts as it said in the forum guidelines.

5. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Neil, I agree.
    Why not just post a link to the part(s) for sale that's listed in the For Sale forum?

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I usually post in both the local and for sale forums. Some things are too much of a hassle to ship but then again, some people like me keep taking cross country trips every now and then...