Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted: Any Leads On A 4dr S10 Blazer

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mosesburb, Aug 10, 2003.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Now that the family has expanded, we are looking to replace my wife's vehicle with a 4 door S10 Blazer/Jimmy 4x4.
    I am looking for one in the '92-'94 range--I will consider a year or two earlier, but no 95+ units.
    I am looking for the following options:
    4.3L "Z" (TBI motor)--NO Vortec
    Prefer a manual trans, but will consider an auto
    Manual transfer case
    must have A/C (duh, kinda goes without saying)
    non-digital dash
    crank windows (will consider power)
    Dark Green paint (will consider most colors except that horrid sky blue they offered in those years)
    Grey or Tan interior
    Mileage not a major issue

If anyone knows someone or happens to see one somewhere, please let me know. The vehicle currently being used for Mom/child transportation is not the most desireable unit for said task. I found the exact(!) unit I wanted, but it sold before I got to it--Damn!!
    Any help will be appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thanks,
    Nick

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

did you know uncle tom refers to them as the s box...s standing for something we all do everyday if we are regular...hehehehe.

DW

3. mosesburb

Uncle Tom and I have different opinions of vehicles from time to time. I have an S10 that will rival or beat the reliability of anything in his stable at any given moment. The trick is you have to get the right equipment to begin with. Give me the "low tech" TBI, let me play with it a bit, and I'll give the "high perf" Vortec a serious run for its money with a lower cost per mile because of less problems/better durability with the TBI.

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I agree...and would most likely fit on black bear better...

DW

5. mosesburb

I found one!! Other than the color (charcoal grey instead of green) it turned out to be exactly what I wanted. 4.3L TBI motor, manual trans, manual t/case, 4dr, 4X4..... Unfortunately(??) I have to go to Aspen Colorado to get it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Fortunately, that is just down the road a bit from Grand Junction where the infamous Dug Right is hiding out. That being the case, I get a mini-vacation out of the deal and some garage time with Dug /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif.
    Thanks to anyone who read this or looked out for a vehicle for my wife and little boy.
    Nick