Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanted crew cab long bed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by K5er4Life, Oct 18, 2004.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

let me know what ya got I am open to all, prefer crew cab, fleetside, 4x4, and 454. looking for something thats reliable and can tow my blazer and dirtbike without worries. Im in SoCal and have a 91 Z28 camaro if anyone is interested for trades, otherwise will pay cash for a pickup.
    Thanks alot. If you like my email is JWT_01@msn.com

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

The only thing is I am worried about is smogging an out of state truck for the smog nazi's in cali. If it's gas preffered to be hear in cali, unless its a good deal. Ortherwise a diesel would be nice.

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Please save this from getting parted out

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be doing a service, to fellow hobbiest, by parting this out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its not to often you see a complete daily driver getting parted. Most people just part junk that makes you wonder why you spent the time driving out to look at the mess /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The only reason I am considering selling this whole, instead of parting it out, is because I just sold my house and I am living in an apartment while we build a new house. I do have a place to tear it apart but its just not as easy as in my own yard /sigh

Besides, all the pieces would go to good homes for a renewed life /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Service to what hobbyist? As a huge fan of the 73-87 GM trucks, I think parting it is worse than keeping it whole by far, but thats just my opinion.

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I love the way those older crew cabs look, not like the new crap that looks weak as hell. I need one of these trucks for a tow rig for my stuff. Also if anyone is looking for a trade I have a 91 Z28 camaro that would be up for a swap, or if its clean swap and cash.

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I love the way those older crew cabs look, not like the new crap that looks weak as hell. I need one of these trucks for a tow rig for my stuff. Also if anyone is looking for a trade I have a 91 Z28 camaro that would be up for a swap, or if its clean swap and cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one crew cab SRW.
    It's an 80 350 sm465/205, front was swaped for a 10b 8lug.
    Rear is still 14bff 4.10 gov loc.
    It's in decent shape and I was using it to tow my truck, now I am done towing and would sell.
    I would sell it after I smog it which is due before the end of the year so you won't deal with smog before another 2 years.
    I can take pics if you are interested.
    $1800 or we can talk about trades.

8. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

imiceman44, sent ya a pm.

9. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

imiceman44, sent you a pm. Still looking for a truck. I found a super clean dually 4x4 thats freakin bad ass around my area but its a little out of my price range. Not all that bad of a deal though for someone who might have the cash for it.

10. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ttt , I still have been looking for one... cmon..... please.........ok, Ill stop begging.

11. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

What kinda price range are you looking for. I have a 91 Crew Cab (old body style) 4x4 with 28K miles. D60,14BFF, perfect interior, 350 gas engine with Natural Gas conversion for the Greenies. Its not listed for sale anywhere but I would part with it for around $10K though.
    Jeff

12. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Thats a little bit too much monies for me, sounds like a extremely nice truck though. Thanx for the response, I am still looking for one, hopefully in the 3,000 range. I still have that z28 camaro too if anyone might be looking for a trade, or I could give the car and some cash. Please someone out there gotsa have a crew cab.

13. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ttt, Im not givin up yet. Still being persistant and Im sure someone will come through.

14. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ttt, again

15. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There were two on E-Bay that both sold for under two grand one ran and one did not, I just bought mine so yo can't have it but I may know of another that needs a rear end /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

16. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Let me know what ya got there, I have been constantly searching since october and check autotrader, recycler, and ebay atleast once every few days waiting for one.

17. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a 82 4x4, 350, 465, 205 that I just bought that I'm thinking of selling needs rockers has another door and fender to help fix the rust and a front u-joint and a tune up and maybe a carb.
    I also found a 76 2x4 454, 400 that I'm thinking about buying but can't have both
    both are low option four doors with single wheels both have air non functioning 76 has tilt either would work for me the 76 is less of a project but only 2x4 so who knows
    I paid $1500 for the 82 so thats what I need for it if I decide to get rid of it

18. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Its been a few days, but last night on the way to the hospital I remembered and found ya 4 candidates. One is a burban, not sure if that intrests you or not, but its CLEAN!!

Here they are (all 2wd):

#1) The one that I told you about a few days ago with the big camper on it, it was behind the gate and I couldnt get the number, it was dark. If you are still interested I will try and get the number tonight.

#2)1991 Chevy burban, painted NICE white.
    3/4T
    Tow hitch included
    Gray interior with wood grain trim, overhead console, etc
    fuel injected 454
    2001ish chevy HD aluminum wheels
    limo tint
    Full power (no power mirrors though)
    It was dark, but it looked CLEAN
    $3600obo

#3)1979 crew cab camper special (no camper on it)
    Looks like the base model
    interior looks descent
    older white paint
    couldnt get any other info
    On a scale of one to ten on looks I'd give it a 5, with potential
    $1700

#4) Okay, this on is my favorite. I actually saw this one at a gas station in town about 2 months ago. I actually followed him just so I could ask him about it because it was so clean. This looks like a straight up grandpa truck, as in ALL original and CLEAN.
    Its a 1979 Crew Cab, NICE two tone brown and cream/tan paint
    It has been WELL taken care of. If I remember right, this guy got it from an old man and he has had it for 8 years and rarely drives it.
    New tires
    New brakes
    rebuilt tranny
    HD torque converter
    dual gas tanks
    excellent running condition
    camper special (no camper on it though)
    Extras include
    5th wheel slide hitch
    tow brakes set up for pulling 5th wheel or HD trailer
    It also has a lumber rack on the bed.

It is CLEAN, the interior looks great also. There is a SMALL amount of rust near the windshield if I remember right.

When I was talking to the guy, he seemed REAL cool, and honest. I thought it was sold already. I saw it the first day he was driving it down to put it up for sale in a local parking lot, then I never saw it again. I figured it would have sold QUICK. Most people around here arent into those trucks though. Anyways, he had told me where he lived, so I figured I would drive by last night and sure enought, there is was.
    I would give this one an 8 out of 10 for how old it is especially. Its nice man, real nice.
    $3000obo (which I think is a damn good price for how clean and well maintained this thing is) I would buy it myself if I had the $$$.

Like I said, I can get the other number tonight. All of these are within 5 minutes of each other too. I have all of the phone numbers, so let me know if you want them and I'll pm them to you. I didnt want to post them until you checked them out first.
    If anyone else is intersted, let me know and once he decides or checks them out, I'll give them to ya.
    Buy the way I am near Oxnard/Ventura