Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WANTED: daily driver

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BIG*RED, Mar 2, 2006.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

The Blaze is my daily driver, and its always thirsty and is killing my wallet. Plus I'm getting ready to start some work on it, that will require it to be down for several days at a time.

So i'm looking to get a more economical daily driver.

Haven't really seen anything around here, that i am interested in..well there was a black typhoon, :laugh: but anyways..

Thought I would post up here, and maybe one of you have one your looking to sell or know of a good deal..

Oregon or Washington area..

Thanks.

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Don't know of any daily driver but I saw your avatar, I'm headed down to Silver Falls in about an hour...:laugh:

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

my 95 s series blazer will be up for sale in about 2 weeks. it's in great condition except it needs tires. it's kind of that darker red color, and it's got 18" chrome rims which are real nice - they were on the truck when i bought it. anyway - get's about 250 miles to the tank w/ city driving and up to 340 to the tank at 60mph on the freeway. That's a 15-16 gallon fill.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a 1985 Jeep Cherokee that is in excellent condition exept my sister blew the head gasket in it. I bought a replacement motor for it from a friend in Salem, OR that will go with the truck if it sells as well. Clear tirle.

2.5L 4 cyl
    5 spd manual tranny
    D30/35 axles
    Good 215/75R15 street tires
    Good body, excellent interior
    somewhere in the neighborhood of 100K original miles

Major new parts in the last year:
    Reman Carb from Baxters
    Reman Starter
    Reman Alternator
    Reman Distributor
    New plugs, cap, rotor...

I was planning on swapping all the new parts off the old motor onto the new one and dropping it in. New motor tested with good compression on all 4 clyinders.

I'm asking $450 for the truck and replacement motor. Truck is located in the tri-cities (SE WA state) but I have a trailer and can deliver it for some gas money. I'm also planning a trip to the Portland Swap Meet in early April and might bring it down for that.

5. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

man, $450 seems like a steal. too bad i don't need another vehicle. ;) course, if i did i wouldn't want a jeep. still, good price man.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Pretty good rig, I bought it back off of my sister to help her out. But I don't need another project as I already have 3 trucks needing work along with other projects I didn't need. Just trying to sell off a few of them and pickup a more economical daily driver myself. But I'm looking for a 2wd S10 or Toyota pickup that runs good already.

7. absolute

absolute Registered Member

1989 Mazda RX7 GXL Clean body and great runner! PM me for further details.

1100 OBO in Spokane, WA

***SOLD***

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006