Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted, ECM for Dodge Diesel 1994 thru 2002

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by therobzilla, Aug 11, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Looking for a used ECM for Dodge Diesel CTD, ECM is not vehicle specific, just has to be a non Califorina truck.

Can be from any second generation truck years 1994 thru 2002 as stated above.

PM me I you have one. Looking for one cheap.

Rob

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I don't have that ECM, but I've heard that you can plug in a 1972 C-10 in it's place as long as it's green.....

take it home for $50/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Ecm is CPL specific...as a rule of thumb. I can hook you up with a old guy at work who is the cummins guru...

Generally the ecm is the ecm...its the software in it that tells that lil vp44 what to do...anyways...those ecm's aren't cheap. I have a 3126 Cat...a detriot series 60...test ecm's in my box...but no cummins box...i'll ask dean tomorrow what he might have...or i'll get clearance to release his home number to you as he is helping nick with his cummins re power...

There are some other numbers in the ecm's file that are needed to determine how far you can go with a reflash...or what we call a uprate without changing nozzles and or turbo's...etc....

DW

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Doug,

I dont care what its out of as long as it's a ISB motor. There is a guy in overseas on the DTR board that is flashing a new code into the motor only ecm. The deal is a core and 400 beans. The problems is the cores are had to find now on ebay as everyone is looking for this deal. You have your engine ecm read at the dealer and find out what versions of the box you are running in your truck, you send him the core and the version number and some other details and he send back a smoking, new ECM for your rig. You keep the original ecm for emmission, dealer warranty work etc... I need one of these cheap, and I mean cheap, can be from 94 thru 04 he does not care. They use to be around 30 bucks on ebay, now they are going for around 300, since everyone want's this flash.

Rob

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well...i guess i don't need to ask for your engine serial number and cpl then...was gonna look up options and such for your engine...ecm's are pretty hard to come by...especial yours as most manufactures require a core...which is why i have the cat ecm as they didn't...and the detriot ecm is another story all together...don't ask /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I am a little wary as to what he is doing as cummins is really anal about there software and such...ESDN is the program used to burn ecm's with data they supply us...would be interested in learning more if ya know what i mean. In the mean time i'll see what i can pull off if anything.

DW