Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WANTED- Good body guy in NJ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BanksBurban, Feb 13, 2003.

1. BanksBurban

BanksBurban Registered Member

My Burb needs a lot of work and I was toying with the idea of parting it out and using the $$$ as a down payment on a newer rig, but the wifey shot that one down quick. So, I bought a new radiator today and I'm dropping it off Monday for a new tranny. What I need to address quickly however is the rust since I'm obviously going to keep it for a few more years. It's literaly spreading like cancer. I've owned all different brands before, but I've never seen anything like this. It's like rings on a tree. Every week I swear I see it grow. I don't want to spend money I don't have (house, wife, 5 kids /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) for a pro job with new panels and a fancy $3000 paint job. What I'm hoping will solve this is Bushwacker Cutouts. The doors and fenders can be replaced and I can put a half way decent paint job on it myself. I'm looking for someone that does body work for a living and also has experience installing Bushwackers "THE RIGHT WAY" (best of both worlds) to take this on as a side project.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A really good friend of mine owns a body shop in Fords, NJ - Ideal Garage. All he does is body work.( I help him out sometimes.) If you want I can talk to him about your truck. Let me know what needs to be done.

3. BanksBurban

I was kinda hoping someone would take it on as a side job for some extra cash cuz I can't afford to pay a body shop's hourly rate. All I'm looking for is to have the fender flares installed. I want it done right, not some half a$$ed job. That's why I was looking for a Chevy freak with Bushwacker installation experience that did body work for a living. I know it's a tall order, but it can't hurt to ask. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

If you can wait until it gets in the 50's I will help with the install or we can do some fender trimming.

5. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Doing your truck as a side job is not a problem. That's what I was trying to say anyway. But I am sure yunit can do a better job with your fender sthen we could /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. BanksBurban

Thanks, both of you. Yunit, I have a heated shop if it makes a difference. This is my tow rig. I don't wheel it, so I'm not looking for the ugliness of fender trimming. If I can stop the rust, make it look pretty with flares and be able to fit 35's to get my RPM's down and MPG up, I'd be a happy...happy man /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif