Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanted: good used older athlon board and cpu

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 4, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

good used older athlon board and cpu like a 650 slot A would be cool, gateway ro whatever,

anyone got anything from an upgrade ? anything be better than this 400 celeron slot 1, i miss my 650 athlon slot a

thanks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

why not just upgrade? get a new motherboard around $60-99 and a new chip the athlon xp 2500 is only $99 and the duron 1.3gig is only like $40 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

cuz around 650 athlon is way fast enough for me, i dont run games or anything liek that on my system, and i already have a coupleof good slot A processors anyways,si all i relaly need is a good slot a board,

ppl always think they have found me a good deal on a later board but always ends up being a few hundred, always something you have to get that costs way more, a slot A i already have stuff for and so wont have to worry about hidden costsof stuff i dont have that i didnt know i needed,.

thats best i can explain it,oh and power supplyis another thing, i already have the correct one i need for the older slot a, have no idea what the socket a uses but i dont have one and no whereot get one around here
    just finding a good slot a board would be so much easier to do, i had no problems with my 650 athlon slot a, it was fast and everyone thought it was larger than what it really was, i just plain worked it to death after three years of non stop running and alot of Os reinstallations and HDD swaps, M/B's can only take so much of that before....

thanks

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i got a 700 athlon slot A if ur interested. no mother bourd though.