Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WANTED: indash cd player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bablazer73, Oct 15, 2000.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am looking for an indash cd player for my plow truck. I don't need anything great, just something that works. finally going to dump the 8-track.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

How about the Pioneer DEH-1100. Its very good quality and is right around $150. Stay away from the ultra cheap stuff. Koss, Jensen, Aiwa, Kraco, Sparkomatic, Craig, etc. BAD stuff.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. bablazer73

I'm sure it's very nice, but thats more than this truck is worth!! it's just a plow truck. sits around most of the time. sound quality is not the key issue. cost is. I just don't have much on cassette anymore and I hate riding without tunes.

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm not telling you to buy it for sound quality. I'm saying you should get it because it will last. Every week I install a bunch of cheap stereos and they almost never last more than a few months without coming back for repair. By the time these people buy another radio or two, they've spent wayyyy more money than the Pioneer, for example, would be. I just don't want to see a fellow Blazer owner suffer with a crappy radio.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

6. bablazer73

I understand the quality issue. I have a pioneer in my other truck. 3 years and still workin. BUT, my problem leads to the funds. I still am in the middle of a complete overhaul on my blazer. body, engine, trans, and complete axel overhaul. the funds are quite limeted at this point and this truck will most likely be sold in the spring to finance the new tires for the truck I really care about. I would not mind buying a used stereo, just want one that works. My wife is already pissed at the money I am spending on my blazer. she still thinks food and clothes are more important!

7. IH82LUZ2FORDS

IH82LUZ2FORDS Registered Member

Hey bablazer, Maybe you aren't ready to put a cd player in your truck, I agree with those other guys, I have installed shitty cd players in my truck before and they all go to [censored]. I don't mean to sound rude, but I think that you should either come up with the money and pay for the deck or you should just wait until you get your overhaul on your blazer done so you can have the money.