Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanted: manual window regulators

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by dubl_t, Jul 22, 2004.

1. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Last winter, when all 4 of my power windows went out, I thought "no prob, don't need 'em anyways" Now with 90*+ and no a/c, I'm thinkin "man, I'm really stooopid" So after pricing 4 power window motors I've come up with the idea of switching to manual regulators. Brilliant! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif But now I can't find any! So I'm back to being stooopid unless you can help me out /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif For an '80 sub (really need just the rear door regulators). Thanks, Tom. Ps: the family thanks you too.

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'd do some troubleshooting with a multimeter first. Can'tbe too complicated, and I'll bet the motors can't all be bad. I had a power window relay go out that took out both of mine.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

4 of them going out at the same time does sound suspicious. May want to do a little debugging. If it is the motors then you can take them apart and refurbish them for free, not including a few hours of your time per motor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I can give you details if you want.
    If you're getting rid of the motors then shoot me a PM. I may buy them from you if the price is right. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Sorry my post is a little missleading. The motors didn't all go out at the same time and all motors were getting power to them. I already converted the 2 rears but decided to keep the fronts electric. Thanks anyways, Tom.

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

When's the last time the tracks were cleaned and greased? That's usually the main culprit for slow/non-functioning windows?
    So are your dead motors for sale? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif