Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted: TH350 or 700r4 transmission

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by speedup, Apr 28, 2003.

1. speedup

speedup Registered Member

Anybody have a cheap one? Just need it strong enough to handle daily driving and the occasional grassy field. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Gonna hook it up to an NP208. I guess I'll need a tailshaft adapter, too (can you tell it's my first time dealing with *that* part of the truck? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

welcome to the "I dont know sh*t about transmission/transfercase's" club... There are many of us... you will never feel alone. We support one another by continually forgetting what we have been taught and asking the same questions over and over... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

First off to adapt the 700r4 to your transfer case you can use a few diffrent parts. The 700 has the same spline count and tailhousing pattern as the 350, but the shaft is longer than the 350. My suggestion is to use a diffrent output shaft.
    Second, to get either a th350 or 700r4 for "daily driving and grassy feild" work, I would have to know your driving style, so I'll make some assumtions and say your simular to me. A strong rebuild on a th350 would run you about $400 give or take. My 700 is built to take anything I throw at it, I would go so far as to say its overbuilt if thats possible. Not including the parts to adapt this to your truck I would say you looking at around $2300 to get a 700 that will not let you down.
    So in answer to your question, I have a 2wd 350 that needs to be rebuilt, also I would suggest a search on your possible swap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    welcome to the "I dont know sh*t about transmission/transfercase's" club... There are many of us... you will never feel alone. We support one another by continually forgetting what we have been taught and asking the same questions over and over... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    just follow my tranny posts, itll catch ya up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. speedup

speedup Registered Member

I'm eventually going to get a beefed 700 for my *main* Blazer ('77). This is for my *other* Blazer ('84) that I just bought from a friend for $260. I just want to get it on the road so I can stop driving my (way too) little S-10 Blazer. (That's right, I have three vehicles and they all have "Blazer" in the title... Obsessed? Perhaps. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif) Eventually my '77 will be a burly mall cruiser, my '84 will be my wheelin' rig, and the S-10 will be the backup car. If I can avoid the temptation, I might be able to avoid the grassy fields, and driving the S-10 has caused me to drive *slightly* easier than I used to... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif