Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanting a bikini top for my 73'

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deek, May 9, 2003.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

wanting a bikini top for my 73\'

I'am wanting a bikini top for my 73'blaz but haven't been able to find one for sale. does anyone make these, or are there any plans to fab one up? please /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

2. moose73

moose73 Registered Member

Re: wanting a bikini top for my 73\'

hey deek i have a bikini for ya i put a 76 body on my 73. send me a pm

3. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    hey deek i have a bikini for ya i put a 76 body on my 73. send me a pm

[/ QUOTE ]

Just how do you make a bikini top from a half cab '76 work on a full removable top 73-75? I'm interested for my '75 so I can go out and get one. (not trying to mooch the one offered)

4. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I have never seen one for sale. I did have one for my 75 that came with it and when I had snaps put in it the top maker said that it was custom made because no one offers an aftermarket one. Mine fit perfectly over the cage and attatched to the rear seat. This is the only good pic from the back. Making one wouldn't be too hard if you had sewing skills or hired a boat top maker to fab you up something.

[​IMG]

5. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

there are some pics and a how to on my site for the one i made for my 73, the link is in my signature

6. moose73

moose73 Registered Member

i do not need the custom bikini top that i had made when i had a 73 body on my truck. now i have put a 76 tub on. the bikini is sitting on the shelf. it looks alot like the one in the picture

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey JDBlazer, do you still have that '75? It looks alot like mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I have the same thing on the bikini, the little ears sticking up around the corners. I couldn't get it quite right, but then I sew like I weld (read crappy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've seen your top Fred ,you ain't lyin'... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Sorry took me so long to get back to you (been busy, darn nice weather /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

I don't have the 75 anymore, traded it for a 70 camaro then it was stolen from the guy who got it a month later /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I got lucky and whoever did the top made it look really nice. I could make my own (got good sewing skills and access to an upholstery sewing machine) but not the money or the time. Heck still attempting to get my newest blazer to be a 4wd /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Rob, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Too bad you couldn't have kept that '75 JDB, I really like the style of the 69-75 K5's, I'm thinking of getting another, but the wife is giving me a hard time about it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif