Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanting a pick-up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by truyoopr, Jul 30, 2000.

1. truyoopr

truyoopr Registered Member

I love my blazer with the top off. But its a pain to remove everytime i need to use it as a pick up. Does any one have any ideas as how to make it a chevy short-short bed.

Come and Get Some

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

There are 2 ways (I think)
    Number one: You can make it into an extra short bead pick up. Just take the cab and the bed from a chevy pick up. Put the cab on the blazer frame, and cut the bed to the size that can fit. But the problem is that the pick up cab is larger then the blazer one so the bead will be shorter. People also do this when they have a rusted blazer and a pick up body in good condition.

The other way that i think might work is to first get a pick up cab. Weld in the back of the pick up cab in to the open space of the blazer. I have seen this done on hard core mud runners that like the blazers size but don't want to get any mud in the cab with the top off.

Hope this helped.

<font color=red>CHECK OUT MY SITE</font color=red>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

4. truyoopr

truyoopr Registered Member

thanks blazer guy, that is what i was looking for. The perfect kit. And chevy 4X4 that was a great idea, that is what i was going to do if there was no kit aval. This forum is great. Thanks for all the help.

Come and Get Some