Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanting to go 39,40 pics please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Dan, Mar 3, 2003.

1. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

want to fit 39 or 40 inch tires wondering what others are doing to fit them and how it looks thanks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifalso what gears and axles are you running

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

here is a pretty good poser pic

[​IMG]

Get 5.13's. If someone tells you to get 4.88's or 4.56's or gawd forbid, 4.10 RUN from that person. period.

Oh, and just cuz I have not started a flame war in the last 3 hours, go 1-ton /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

How big is that lift and how wide are those tires/size rims? That ride looks good, wanksta. lol sry been listening to 50cent all night, they are in town.

4. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

thanks zakk /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifhow much lift do you have there?

5. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

hey zakk do think i can also go with the dana 30 and 35c as you have? or is that overkill /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey zakk do think i can also go with the dana 30 and 35c as you have? or is that overkill /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it'll hold up /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

D60/14BFF with Detroit

The 4.10 gears suck because i KNOW from expereince. my poor little mouse motor is working so damn hard to turn those meats i can hear it scream like a scared 4 year old each time i take off from a dead stop.

the lift is ~6" with ProComp beated soft in the front w/ extended brakelines (F-150 towers and 9012's are coming someday) with the Springer Suspension in the rear with a 30" brakeline.

7. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

but really what are my chances of a 10 bolt front holding up to 39's and I have 4.88 and cant regear right away

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

the 4.88's would be live-able, the 10Bolts will give up the ghost as fast as you can hit the gas.

My buddy snapped a 10B with only 35's going up the Stair Case at hollsiter, so 40s will be :nuke:

9. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

yeah kind of scary with the 36's I have now amazed it lasted this long! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

the 700R/208 combo (I call it the poor man's doubler) will give you a good enuff crawl to do well. The OD will be nice, but I am not sure you will use it much with 4.88's.

Either way, when you get that big, you need more beef up front.

I saw two D44 axles go this past weekend. One on the Frame Twister, one on the Mini-Rubicon. both had 36's and good drivers, but the HP and the stuff they were doing was just too much for the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton front axles.

My girlfriend was able to do the mini-rubicon with the only carnage being a dent on the front diff cover. the tires and the axles were able to soak up the abuse and keep everything off the rocks.

11. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

right on ! thanks for your help zakk well looks like i need a dana 60 40's rims tires and I already have the sawsall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

here's my pretend rig one 39s. i say pretend because it broke on the trail, and it doesn't have any driveshafts right now, or gears in the rear/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

13. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

here's my piece

[​IMG]

39.5 boggers, D60, 14ff, 5.13s.

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    right on ! thanks for your help zakk well looks like i need a dana 60 40's rims tires and I already have the sawsall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i know it sound daunting to have to find a D60 for those sized tires, but you show me a man that is making a 10B live under a set of 40's and I'll show you a guy that has given all his money to Spicer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know it sound daunting to have to find a D60 for those sized tires, but you show me a man that is making a 10B live under a set of 40's and I'll show you a guy that has given all his money to Spicer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

those look like big ass donuts, godamn those things look wide.

17. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll show you a guy that has given all his money to Spicer

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, that was me a cupple of years ago.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

hey now wait a sec, i can't afford a D60 right now and my 10B has held up for over a year. (two months of sitting in driveway of course) obviously i'm not saying 10b are good, but if you don't wheel it hard you'll definitely be fine.

19. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and just cuz I have not started a flame war in the last 3 hours, go 1-ton

[/ QUOTE ]

and let the flame war begin /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...but if you don't wheel it hard you'll definitely be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there any other way to wheel? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif