Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanting to swap in D60/14FF

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guz71, Sep 26, 2006.

1. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

Well i just bought an 89 blazer, its in excellent condition except for the tranny and t-case. First thing im going to do is drop the t-case and do a core swap for a rebuilt one, then have the tranny rebuilt with a heavy duty kit and add a cooler to it. It has a 6 inch lift already and im planning to run 35's or 36's.....so the 10 bolts have got to go. I read the tech. article on how to do the axle swap but i still have a few questions. Im basically going to have my guy rebuild the axles for me and then swap them in myself. What parts do i need to buy in order to swap these axles in?where can i get them? From what i read, i need new u-joints, u-bolts, and some kind of fittings for the brakes? im guessing i also need a steering block for the dana 60? Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanx

2. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

ebay or your local paper for the 14ff/d60 plan on spending at lest $1200 for the combo then have to rebuild from there.

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

thanx for the help, i will try to get some pics up asap. I looked at complete kit on the link and it looks like the way to go, except disc brake brackets. 14 bolt im swapping in has drum brakes, so what do i need to hook those up? Sorry for all the question im new to the K5 world.

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

6. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Not to mention a hell of a lot faster and easier inspect the brakes and to do a brake job.

Pulling drums :mad: :p: