Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

War and killing.... up close... Warning,,, This is very graphic...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Jan 21, 2004.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

If you are squeemish about witnessing military kills, maybe you shouldn't watch this.

Hellicopter Kills

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wonder what size weapon that was they were firing. Hope it was legal to aim that at a person. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kill em all, let Allah sort it out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. landsmasher

From the way it tore up the road I would say 50 cal... I'm not a weapons expert though. Maybe some of our CK5 marines can enlighten us on that.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Depending on range, you can shoot just about any weapon at a person anyway.

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

From what I saw, that was taken from an Apache. I believe they use a 20mm chain gun, definately not a .50 cal.

John

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wonder what size weapon that was they were firing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what the firing platform was. If it was an AH-1 (Cobra) then it would be a 20mm round. If it was an AH-64 (Apache) then it would be a 30mm cannon.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hope it was legal to aim that at a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the generally accepted "rules of war" say that these larger calliber weapons (20mm and 30mm rounds are HUGE) are only supposed to be used to destroy equipment. But, like my drill sergent explained to me, a uniform is a piece of military equipment! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I bet those guys were surprised!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I love how the pilots are talking to each other! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would also say 20mm canons. The story I heard on this video was that the helo was approx 1/2 mile away when they started firing...

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually, the generally accepted "rules of war" say that these larger calliber weapons (20mm and 30mm rounds are HUGE) are only supposed to be used to destroy equipment. But, like my drill sergent explained to me, a uniform is a piece of military equipment!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true. I believe that to engage troops with 25mm gun, they must be at 3,000 meters or more. I do know that their are restrictions, you cant shoot a person 100 feet away with a half dozen rounds of 25 mm HE just because you want to.

I know exactly how huge those rounds are. Not only that, but do you have any idea how much strenth a 140 lb guy has to muster to wrestle that gun out of the turret?

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i just got into a huge debate in another forum over this clip. posted by a leftwinger insisting it was the murder of inocent farmers.. what they failed to say was how the beginning of the clip had been edited out to hide the truth...

here's the link i sent him stating otherwise..

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/US/apache_video_040109-1.html

btw, i believe they where 30mm rounds...

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually, the generally accepted "rules of war" say that these larger calliber weapons (20mm and 30mm rounds are HUGE) are only supposed to be used to destroy equipment. But, like my drill sergent explained to me, a uniform is a piece of military equipment!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't think they had a smaller wepon to use. If he was out of gun rounds he would have used a rocket /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I saw an LAV take a guy out in panama with a 3 round burst from a 25mm chain gun at about 50 yards......The Machine gun jammed after he took out the first 2 guys.

We also had a tape from a LAV firing at the door of a burried ammo bunker in Iraq in 91...the VC tells the gunner to pop the door and scare the guy off. they were at max range and they figured the wind hit the round, Missed the target by 5 feet, but it got the guy square in the head.

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wonder what size weapon that was they were firing. Hope it was legal to aim that at a person. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kill em all, let Allah sort it out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Legal Schmegal. It's illegal to snipe school children, to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings, and to torture people too. Don't see that stopping the BG's. War is war. Do what you have to do to win. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, thats looks like 20-25mm to me, definitely not .50cal.

good shooting on the part of the crew. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

13. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

yup, the AH-64 Apache uses one 30mm M230 Chain Gun with 1200 rounds. Capable of firing up to 625 rounds per minute, almost as good as the 7 barrel 30mm on the A-10.

I read somewere that the gun turrent actually follows were the gunner is looking, thats pretty cool. Good shooting by the crew /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. ryoken

as a mechanic, i've always been into military equipment from WW2 till present, as they are generally badass machines.. my desktop is often either F-22's, AC 130 gunships, etc... remember when i first saw an Apache, thought it was an absolutely sweet piece of machinery.. the ultimate in a chopper....

just saw that show on History Channel couple weeks ago with the marine guy and they did a story on the AC 130's, man that thing has some firepower!

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Legal Schmegal. It's illegal to snipe school children, to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings, and to torture people too. Don't see that stopping the BG's. War is war. Do what you have to do to win. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the difference between "us" and "them". We act like civilized human beings even in war, where those scumbags have no respect for anyone, even their own people or civilians of another country.

If we act like them, we're just as rotten as they are, which I don't think the U.S. should stoop to that.

Granted, if you're out of ammo for the smaller stuff or it's jammed, you do what you gotta do.

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That sure splattered the first guy.../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

17. civicstomper

The AC-130 is freakin insane! That thing has so much power!
    It will jsut fly in slow circles around the target, and blast it with cannons until everything is dead.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry to change the subject on this post, i just think that is one cool plane /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

18. ryoken

yes, my apologies for getting off topic too folks..

Pete, thanks for the pics. i had the bottom one, but the top one is new for me.. saved for future desktop. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. landsmasher

No problem on the subject thing. This is just another direction of said subject. Is that what they call PUFF?

I've also heard of "Raining Fire".

20. civicstomper

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif