Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79Stomper, Dec 4, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well now it is up to the BCS. Tennessee got it twice this year, although I do have to say the Vols put up a good fight in the 3rd. Auburn 12-0-0 for the season and the SEC Championship. Love my Tigers baby..............too bad we are losing 3 good players next year /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well now it is up to the BCS. Tennessee got it twice this year, although I do have to say the Vols put up a good fight in the 3rd. Auburn 12-0-0 for the season and the SEC Championship. Love my Tigers baby..............too bad we are losing 3 good players next year /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And you guys definately deserve a chance to play for #1. I watched what was left of the USC game when I got to my dad's house and even though they pulled it out, UCLA didn't look that good and they were keeping up pretty much.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And you guys definately deserve a chance to play for #1.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    And You call Yourself a Sooner fan /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    After the ass whooping that was laid on them Colorado tonight Oklahoma should get a shot at the tital.
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    And you guys definately deserve a chance to play for #1.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    And You call Yourself a Sooner fan /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    After the ass whooping that was laid on them Colorado tonight Oklahoma should get a shot at the tital.
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Read into what I said cause nowhere did I say that those overrated Division III Fighting Condoms deserved to be playing for anything more than a box of tampons......................

Here's the way I feel. It should be OU-Auburn. Not only will it be a good game, I feel it's the two most deserving teams. But after what happened last year and the easy ride that USC has gotten this year, the battle between OU and USC has been foretold and I wouldn't want to see anybody else other than the Sooners give Bitch Carroll and his squad of diaper wearers the smackdown they so much deserve...............

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Like I said before...
    OU (got it right this time) and USC = OU win
    AU (got this one right too) and VT = AU win

then we need to have the Champ bowl. That way you can squash the media hype that USC is as good as thier ranking and you can give AU the credit they deserve by playing the best of the best. It would definitely put an end to the questions.

besides, would one more game really hurt anyone's feelings? Wouldnt it be an even bigger money generator for the BCS?

I am still of the impression that if we couldnt have one more game... ending the use of pre-season polls would even out the playing field a TON and give schools like AU a better chance at being in the champ bowl. Since USC was ranked #1 and its nearly impossible to drop ranking unless you lose. Bring back strength of schedule, leave in the human element and drop the pre-game/pre-season polls and see where that leaves us, its not like it could get worse than where we are today.

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!! In no way am I a University of Spoiled Children fan but they are going to beat OU. Reggie Bush is the best player in college football hands down and OU won't be able to contain him.

Auburn deserves a shot at the title but not over either of the teams playing in the game. Auburn barely beat a Tennessee team that was down to their third string quarterback. Also, what was the score of the Auburn/USC game last year?

The team that got the royal screwjob was Cal getting knocked out of the Rose Bowl by Texas. That was some serious BS from the BCS.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

No way in hell is Reggie Bush the best collegiate player right now. As for containing him, well the OU defense is just that damn good......................

8. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt count VT out yet.....

9. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

Go Tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that

10. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Who's better Bubba? I know you aren't going to say Peterson. Bush is a threat to score on every play, be it running, receiving or the return game. As far as OU's D being "that damn good?" I guess we'll have to wait for the Orange bowl to find out.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Carries Yards TD Yards Per Carry
    137 833 13 6.08
    Reggie Bush, Usc

314 1843 15 5.87
    Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

By the way, that was just rushing yards. Peterson's stats don't change and Bush had 885 total yards..............................

So who's better?

:D :D :D

12. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

OK I'm not believing this. Reggie Bush???? Anyone can put up big numbers when you play in the PAC 10. I would love to see USC come play one season in the SEC or Big 12. Reg would not have put up the numbers he did. We play defense down here. The title game should be OU and AU. USC is getting pity votes from last year and that's it. Also, the score of the AU/USC game last year has nothing to do with this year. Last year Cal beat USC.... did that matter this year. To quote Trev Alberts (yes he's a jerk sometimes) "There ain't no football west of Texas".

13. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Bubba, better check your stat source. Bush's stats read more like this.

Rushing
    Att - 137
    Yards - 892
    Avg - 6.1
    TDs - 6
    Long - 81

Receiving
    Catches - 41
    Yards - 478
    Avg - 11.7
    TDs - 7
    Long - 69

Kick Returns
    Returns - 19
    Yards - 501
    Avg - 26.4
    TDs - 0
    Long - 84

Punt Returns
    Returns - 23
    Yards - 369
    Avg - 16.0
    TDs - 2
    Long - 65

Total Yards - 2240
    Total Touchdowns - 15

Defense huh?
    USC
    Total D - #7
    Scoring D - #2

Oklahoma
    Total D - #9
    Scoring D - #5

Auburn
    Total D - #5
    Scoring D - #1

Not only can we score here out west but we can play some d too.

As far as this lame argument about the Pac 10 not being up to snuff. How do you figure? All three have two top ten teams. The Pac 10 has three Top 25 teams while the SEC has five and the Big 12 has four. Not much of a difference there. For every Washington(107) and Arizona(82) in the Pac 10 there is a Vanderbilt(99) and Kentucky(93) in the SEC and a Baylor(86) and Kansas(69) in the Big 12. Trev Alberts is a tool and you'd be better off not listening to him.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

CBS sportsline..................... :confused:

As for the stats, compare the rushing yards. Peterson ran miles ahead of Bush. Peterson doesn't do kick returns cause we have an old boy that did what, 4 TD returns in one game last year. Hasn't done much this year cause he was injured most of the time, but he is back, plus he plays defense.:D

So Bush has a whole 400 yards more than Peterson total? Big deal, it took Bush returning kicks to do it, hell even combining his total run yards and receiving yards doesn't compare. Same thing with TDs, Peterson matches Bush and Peterson got those just running, no kick returns or anything like that.

15. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I got my stats from USC's site.

If Bush got the attempts that Peterson has received he'd most likely have over 2000 yards rushing. As far as touchdowns, it's a little harder to return a punt 65 yards than pound one in from the 1 yard line behind a great offensive line. Imagine how many touchdowns Bush would have if he was USC's feature back. I wish Carroll would pull his head out and make him the full time back.

Vote Bush 2004 :)

On a side note, I don't know if you've heard this or not but two of the Heisman candidates played high school football on the same team right here in San Diego. Reggie Bush and Alex Smith both played for Helix High School in 2000 and 2001. I think it's the first time that has ever happened. Also, if either of them win they'll be the fourth Heisman Trophy winner from here.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Heisman Trophy Candidate Ratings
    Rk Player Yr Pos School St Th Im Tm Ld Bg Ttl
    1 Adrian Peterson Fr. RB Oklahoma 9.35 9.35 9.3 9.75 7.8 9.6 55.15
    2 Alex Smith Jr. QB Utah 9.1 8.8 9.8 9.75 9.55 7.8 54.8
    3 Matt Leinart Jr. QB USC 8.8 8.4 9.35 9.75 9.1 8.7 54.1
    4 Reggie Bush So. RB USC 7.3 9.9 9.3 9.75 8.2 9.2 53.65
    5 Jason White Sr. QB Oklahoma 8.8 8 8.8 9.75 9.2 8.8 53.35
    6 Cedric Benson Sr. RB Texas 8.9 8.6 9.5 8.9 8.5 7.8 52.2
    7 Aaron Rodgers Jr. QB Cal 7.9 8.1 9.4 8.9 8.9 8.7 51.9
    8 Braylon Edwards Sr. WR Michigan 8.8 9.7 8.4 7.6 8.3 8.6 51.4
    9 Jason Campbell Sr. QB Auburn 7.8 8 8.3 9.35 8.7 8.9 51.05
    10 J.J. Arrington Sr. RB Cal 8.5 8.3 8.7 8.9 7.8 8.5 50.7

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Peterson doesn't need a hole to run through. I don't know how many times I saw it this year, but this kid would disappear in a sea of opposing jerseys and come out on the other side and would run for a few miles.

18. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

First of all I agree that Trev is a punk as I stated in my first response however I totally agree with his statement. As for Bush's stats I'm not impressed because of what I said about the PAC 10. Weak defenses on weak teams can make anyone look good. Carnell Williams has 13 touchdowns playing in the SEC, AND sharing the backfield with Ronnie Brown. Give me Carnell Williams any day. As for your statement about the Top 25 teams in each conference, I have to strongly disagree that there is little difference b/t a conference with 5 top 25 teams and one with 3. In addition, surely you don't think that the unranked teams in the PAC 10 are on the same level as say, an unranked Alabama?? Because of the way the idiotic poles work a 7-4 or 6-5 unranked SEC team will be a much stronger team than a similar unranked team from the PAC 10, AGAIN b/c those losses are to much stronger teams. Here is the bottom line: the SEC is its own worst enemy. By the end of the year the conference has beaten itself up to the point that it is nearly impossible to go undefeated. The proof of the SEC's strength is that every time a team has gone undefeated since the conference split, that team has won the national title until this year when we got screwed. To reiterate Trev Alberts in case anyone missed it the first time, "There ain't no football west of Texas".

19. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Reggie Bush Split time with Landale White all year who is a nice running back in his own right. And weak defense in the Pac 10? I think it's more like weak and unimaginative offense in the SEC.

Yes. Oregon State is just as good or better than Alabama. If it wasn't for a missed extra point they would have defeated LSU one of the SEC's top 25 teams

Not true. The Pac 10 plays a tougher non conference schedule than the SEC. Auburn played Citadel for craps sake, CITADEL, and Mississippi State lost to Maine, FREAKING MAINE.

USC would have walked all over LSU last year and LSU is darn lucky they didn't get to play.

Riiiight