Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

War Q&A

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Young Americans will die in battle.
    Would you prefer they die in skyscrapers?

The United States is taking unilateral action against Iraq!
    So far, it's a 90-member worldwide "unilateral" coalition.

We are in a rush to war. A 12-year rush?

Tough inspections can disarm Saddam Hussein without invading Iraq.
    12 years of inspections have done wonders so far.

We should let the inspectors finish their job.
    We did. They didn't. We will.

Why fight? The Iraqi military is weaker than in 1991.
    But their biological weapons and chemical weapons are much more dangerous.

There's no proof of weapons.
    We know they have 'em, we know they hide 'em, and we have tape
    recordings and photographs. What more is needed? An Iraqi rocket in Martin Sheen's shorts?

If we invade, Saddam Hussein might use those weapons of mass destruction against us.
    I thought you said Iraq didn't have them?

But terrorists might attack if we invade Iraq.
    Oh, so if we don't attack Iraq, terrorists will never strike again?

We shouldn't go to war without a UN resolution.
    ANOTHER resolution? What about the last 18 resolutions? Shall we use them as wallpaper? Or shall we use the same resolutions Bill Clinton used in Bosnia? (he didn't go to the UN on Bosnia)

We don't have a real declaration for war.
    It's called "Joint Congressional Resolution #114."

If North Korea has nuclear weapons, why aren't we invading them first?
    Uh...hello...isn't that the point?

European leaders are against the war.
    The Reichstag wasn't attacked. The Grande Place wasn't attacked. The Kremlin wasn't attacked And the Jerry Lewis Lifetime Achievement Museum wasn't attacked. America was attacked. And besides, except for the tantrums of France, Belgium and Germany, only three European nations aren't willing to defend freedom. The entire rest of Europe is with America.

The French don't support the war.
    Oh, did they surrender already?

Germany objects to this war.
    Germany objected to Reagan's "attitude" towards the Soviet Union. Of
    course, they objected to our presence in 1943 as well.

Belgians are against the war.
    I can live without waffles and ice cream.

Russia doesn't support the war.
    They are still angry over Reagan's brilliant Cold War victory.

Polls show Europeans are against this war.
    Polls show Europeans believe their freedom was achieved by endlessly debating in marvelous dining halls, conveniently forgetting their right to be pompous blowhards was granted with American blood, not fabulous wine and brie.

We should build a coalition with our friends.
    With friends like these, who needs enemies?

What happens if we can't build a United Nations coalition?
    Who cares?

But the UN is the world's most respected governing body.
    Not as respected as the US military.

America has always waited until enemies attacked.
    Now that oceans can't hold back enemies, pre-emptive war is forever a necessity.

War will cost billions!
    So how much is YOUR city worth?

President Bush says he's willing to violate the 1976 executive order forbidding assassinations of foreign leaders.
    As soon as the ink is dry on rescinding that idiotic order, will someone please pull the trigger? The line forms to the right.

Many Senators don't support Bush.
    Are you speaking of the Senators from Bordeaux?

Tom Daschle says George Bush has a "credibility gap."
    When was the last time we came to Tom Daschle for the truth?

These problems didn't happen under Clinton.
    Actually, they happened. But Clinton ignored them. Now, Bush will clean up his mess.

But Clinton didn't start a war.
    Unless his girlfriend was testifying before congress.

Bush senior should have taken out Hussein in '91.
    That 1991 UN resolution forbade a march on Baghdad. Remember?

Millions of peace activists are demanding we stop the war.
    Millions of Iraqi's are begging for us to start the war.

Thousands of innocents will be killed or injured.
    That's a lot less than Hussein is killing right now.

Protesters have genuine objections to war.
    Just like they did in WWII? Korea? Vietnam? Panama?
    The Gulf War? Somalia? Haiti? Bosnia? Afghanistan?

People are coming from all over the world to act as "human shields".
    Quick...hurry up...before the bombs start dropping.

This is about American Imperialism.
    So which country do we own? Name our colonies? What nation
    sends us their tax dollars? If America was imperialist, we'd already own the entire world. Who could stand in our way?

This is Blood for Oil.
    The only blood is the Iraqi people tortured, starved and killed while Hussein
    builds massive palaces to hide nuclear weapons...all financed with Iraqi oil. America produces 40% of its oil needs and gets the remaining 60% from three sources: Mexico, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. Don't you think Saddam Hussein would LOVE to sell his oil to the USA?

This is a racist war.
    America happily endorses a multi-cultural attitude towards anyone who dares to take away our freedom. Regardless of race, color, or creed; we will hunt them down and kill them.

A U.S.-led invasion of Iraq is a great recruiting tool for terrorists.
    Have fun recruiting people into oppressive misery as they enjoy their first taste of freedom.

An attack on Iraq could seriously undermine and destabilize Arab nations.
    Destabilize the region? What stability? The sooner we topple these oppressive 14th century terrorist regimes the better.

Are we prepared for a multi-billion dollar occupation?
    Were we prepared to liberate Europe and Japan in 1945? South Korea in 1953? Grenada? El Salvador? Kuwait? The Eastern Bloc? Afghanistan? Nations always love Americans when we rescue them from tyranny. The price of freedom is never free.

Polls show Americans are more concerned about the threat from al Qaeda than from Iraq.
    It's not a war against Al Qaeda. It's not a war against Iraq. It's a war against terrorism. Anywhere we find it. One nation at a time.

American opinion is against the war.
    No, it's not. A majority of Americans (66%) want to fight now, not later.

According to a recent poll.
    You know what? Screw those polls. We're in a war against terrorism. If
    you don't want to fight the ones who would murder you and your family in a heartbeat, get out of the way. Go visit Paris. Or Antwerp. Or Berlin. Or Moscow. And stay there. Forever. But this time, don't call us when the heathens are at the gates.

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually, they happened. But Clinton ignored them. Now, Bush will clean up his mess.

[/ QUOTE ] Very True /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We know they have 'em, we know they hide 'em, and we have tape
    recordings and photographs. What more is needed?

[/ QUOTE ]

One cannot convict on suspicion. There has yet to be ANY proof. And we are IN THE COUNTRY. Seeing as how you seem to be (or this post) seems to be a big proponent of the US's 'victory' in the Cold War; remember what we found of the 'Great Soviet Military' when we finally got into the Soviet Union after the Cold War ended?? Empty silos, tank 'husks' (to give sattelites the impression there were far more tanks than there actually were), fishing boats by the hundreds in St. Petersburg's harbor, masked as warships. All a facade to imply power. Could the ever-up-front Saddam Hussein have done the SAME THING?? IMPLIED that he had WMD, to keep the rest of the middle east and his own people at bay?? He used them all up on the Kurds, and that was the last of it. I will retract this statement if the US finds these biological/chemical/nuclear weapons.

[ QUOTE ]
    Russia doesn't support the war.
    They are still angry over Reagan's brilliant Cold War victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet that's it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While he's cleaning up this 'mess', fill me in on how the education budget cuts across the nation are going. How about the rest of the blistering economy? Focus will fall back on how Bush is shirking his duties elsewhere. He's not cleaning up anyone's 'mess'; he's handling business overseas that demands attention now.

On a side note-isn't this the same government the US tried to help the Kurds overthrow (only to back out), supported while they were in a tangle with Iran (supplying them with technology and weapons), then bailed out on the Shiites within weeks after the first Gulf War? Hmmm...who were the Presidents while that was happening....

4. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    One cannot convict on suspicion. There has yet to be ANY proof. And we are IN THE COUNTRY. Seeing as how you seem to be (or this post) seems to be a big proponent of the US's 'victory' in the Cold War; remember what we found of the 'Great Soviet Military' when we finally got into the Soviet Union after the Cold War ended?? Empty silos, tank 'husks' (to give sattelites the impression there were far more tanks than there actually were), fishing boats by the hundreds in St. Petersburg's harbor, masked as warships. All a facade to imply power.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't forget that they were all drunks too. Drunks that whupped the German Army in WW2. Why did they do this? Cause they couldn't keep up with us. If Carter had stayed president, we wouldn't have a lot of this fancy stuff currently being used to kick around Saddam's army. I knew a few who were in the Army during Reagan's term, life was great with all the stuff that we had coming out. The Soviets couldn't keep up with us, but if we kept the status quo from the '70's, we would never of been able to bring about the downfall of the Soviets.

[ QUOTE ]
    Could the ever-up-front Saddam Hussein have done the SAME THING?? IMPLIED that he had WMD, to keep the rest of the middle east and his own people at bay?? He used them all up on the Kurds, and that was the last of it. I will retract this statement if the US finds these biological/chemical/nuclear weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah, he could of; but I don't think so. Look at all the torture chambers and such we have found so far. What about the prison he had for children? Even if we don't find the so-called "smoking gun," we've done a good deed with this war.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll bet that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let's see, most of the weaponry the Iraqi Army that has been destroyed or captured by us is old Soviet weaponry. Wonder where that stuff came from? Not to mention they have some of the world's smartest scientists in Russia. By the way, while we are on this Russia thing, you know how the old Soviet Army tested their chemical weapons and masks and crap like that? On their own troops. When we trained for chemical warfare, it's all notional, except for dressing up in MOPP4. The Russians did it live and in real time so their experience I'm sure was being sold to Saddam. Should we hit the French/Germany connection while we're at it?

[ QUOTE ]
    While he's cleaning up this 'mess', fill me in on how the education budget cuts across the nation are going.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Should the government really be paying for your kids' educations?

[ QUOTE ]
    How about the rest of the blistering economy? Focus will fall back on how Bush is shirking his duties elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The only thing I know about economics is that I'm deada** broke!!! But for y'all that know more, I understand that what we are going through economy wise is the results of decisions made about 6 years ago. Now who was president back then?

[ QUOTE ]
    He's not cleaning up anyone's 'mess'; he's handling business overseas that demands attention now.

[/ QUOTE ]
    12 years....12 years....Heck, in '94 that fawker Saddam in one of his many fractures of the resolutions massed a ground force of about 80,000 on the border of Kuwait. Did ya ever hear about that one? I sure did. I almost went because of it. What did we do? We pulled back when Saddam pulled back. Now maybe back then we should of went ahead and took care of business right then and there. But no, we couldn't cause we had the president who started wars to divert attention from his Oval Office blow jobs.

[ QUOTE ]
    On a side note-isn't this the same government the US tried to help the Kurds overthrow (only to back out),

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope, different president, cabinet and for the most part, congress.

[ QUOTE ]
    supported while they were in a tangle with Iran (supplying them with technology and weapons),

[/ QUOTE ]
    Since you brought this one up. Let's rekindle some history. Do the names Somoza and Noreiga ring a bell? Along the same lines of in a former life, the said dictator/head of state was on our side but due to either because of them or our government at the time, we were the cause behind them leaving office. Did we know at the time of the Iran/Iraq war that Saddam would be a future foe? I doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
    then bailed out on the Shiites within weeks after the first Gulf War? Hmmm...who were the Presidents while that was happening....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Like stated above, different administration.

6. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll bet that's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see, most of the weaponry the Iraqi Army that has been destroyed or captured by us is old Soviet weaponry. Wonder where that stuff came from? Not to mention they have some of the world's smartest scientists in Russia. By the way, while we are on this Russia thing, you know how the old Soviet Army tested their chemical weapons and masks and crap like that? On their own troops. When we trained for chemical warfare, it's all notional, except for dressing up in MOPP4. The Russians did it live and in real time so their experience I'm sure was being sold to Saddam. Should we hit the French/Germany connection while we're at it?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with them being mad at Reagan for the Cold War 'victory'? Looks to me like the Russians were trying to get their dollars up by selling arms to a then-third-world clown regime. Do you think they have any US arms at all? I bet they do!

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:

While he's cleaning up this 'mess', fill me in on how the education budget cuts across the nation are going.

Should the government really be paying for your kids' educations?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the government claims that my taxes are going to educational funding, then yes it should. Cut taxes and I will send my kids to a private school with the savings. Public schools are just that; schools funded by the taxation of private funds, through sales, income and property taxes (at least in Nebraska).

[ QUOTE ]
    But for y'all that know more, I understand that what we are going through economy wise is the results of decisions made about 6 years ago. Now who was president back then?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most regurgitated piece of conservative propaganda I have ever heard. The economy does not run with a 6 year lag; that's like saying that whomever the Oklahoma coach before Switzer built a great football team and Switzer reaped the rewards. Accountability-know it, love it. The farm economy did not collapse under Reagan because of Carter. The economy now has not collaped because of Clinton. Deal with it.

[ QUOTE ]

On a side note-isn't this the same government the US tried to help the Kurds overthrow (only to back out),

Nope, different president, cabinet and for the most part, congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same conservative ideals. Don't espouse the greatness of prior Presidents, then overlook their shortfalls.

[ QUOTE ]
    supported while they were in a tangle with Iran (supplying them with technology and weapons),

Since you brought this one up. Let's rekindle some history. Do the names Somoza and Noreiga ring a bell? Along the same lines of in a former life, the said dictator/head of state was on our side but due to either because of them or our government at the time, we were the cause behind them leaving office. Did we know at the time of the Iran/Iraq war that Saddam would be a future foe? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The aforementioned (specifically Hussein) were thugs when they gained power. If you pick up a snake, then it bites you, don't be mad at the snake; you knew it was a snake all along. He didn't become a murderous, fanatical dictating tyrant overnight. He was one in the 70's...the 80's...the 90's... The US will support whomever serves their immediate interests (conveniently, all under the same type of president), then they tell their tale of woe after things fall apart.

[ QUOTE ]
    hen bailed out on the Shiites within weeks after the first Gulf War? Hmmm...who were the Presidents while that was happening....

Like stated above, different administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like stated above-serving under the same umbrella of ideals.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    While he's cleaning up this 'mess', fill me in on how the education budget cuts across the nation are going. How about the rest of the blistering economy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two simple points:

1. The U.S. constitution does not provide for a public school system. This is a STATE responsibilty. The federal government of course does give money to the school system, but schools simply are not a federal responsibility.

2. The president is always blamed by ignorant idiots about the way the economy is going. The president is one man with very limited power. He doesn't control the economy, nor is he responsible if the economy goes down the shitter. If you want to blame anyone, blame the non-political, non-elected official Alan Greenspan, who is responsible for keeping the economy at whatever speed he sees fit.

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

FLY NAVY /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I have a question.I was under the assumption that,i may be wrong just to let you know, that the attacks of 2001 against the U.S. has a great deal to do with our economy failing.Is this true???And if you want better education in your public schools go to the local district and tell them to hire teachers that give a sh!t.

11. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    2. The president is always blamed by ignorant idiots about the way the economy is going

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope you are not calling me an ignorant idiot. Don't call me out.

[ QUOTE ]
    . The U.S. constitution does not provide for a public school system. This is a STATE responsibilty. The federal government of course does give money to the school system, but schools simply are not a federal responsibility

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are going to tell me that the government does not federally subsidize or support ANY educational programs or educational funding on a state level??? And if the educational system is not a federal issue, then why do ALL federal officials make education spending/cuts part of their political agenda on a yearly basis?

[ QUOTE ]
    He doesn't control the economy, nor is he responsible if the economy goes down the shitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you absolve the US President of any responsibility as far as the economy is concerned?? Whether or not he controls INTEREST RATES is not the issue; he sets forth, supports, and vetoes tax initiatives (economy related), he cuts and approves subsidies for all areas of the economy (education, agriculture come to mind), and with his decision making the President directly affects consumer confidence and consumer spending. Additionally, there are effects of the President's decisions in large industry such as oil, steel, etc. Don't give me this limited power bullshit-to claim that the President (ANY President) is not responsible for the economic state of the Union is an ignorant, idiotic statement.

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And if you want better education in your public schools go to the local district and tell them to hire teachers that give a sh!t.

[/ QUOTE ]

With teacher pay what it is, why would ANYONE devote their time/lives to the education of our youth?? In Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota and Iowa, an individual in their first few years of teaching earn less than an hourly full time Wal Mart employee. Good idea...pay more to people to stock shelves than to educate the youth of the country (no offense to Wal Mart employees). Again, governmnet cuts (whether state or federal) directly affecting the community. My local school district cut $400,000 out of their budget this year, and we had to convince them (as a community) to reduce force with aides and paraeducators rather than the great, dedicated, full-time teachers. What happens when they cut next year? All the DEDICATED teachers who GIVE A DAMN will be gone. To what end? On NO LEVEL do I see the benefits of these funding cuts. Why did the state cut budgets? Reduction in federal support. Again, I reiterate-cut my taxes, and I will send my kids to a private school. If the government does not feel that it is their responsibility to educate my children, then that is fine. Allow me some financial recourse; I will be happy to provide education for my children on a private level if the government will alleviate some of my taxation that is SUPPOSED to be providing said education publically.

[ QUOTE ]
    i may be wrong just to let you know, that the attacks of 2001 against the U.S. has a great deal to do with our economy failing.Is this true???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, is it?

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Hmm, where to start?????????

[ QUOTE ]
    Like stated above-serving under the same umbrella of ideals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Each administration has it's own game-plan going down. Carter for example, I can't really comment on since I was just a wee lad and just knew he was a fawking idiot and wasn't doing anything to rescue our hostages. Reagan though shaped the country into a major force to be reckon with. He rebuilt the military, worked with those who wanted to reclaim their country through so-called "Black Ops," but yes there are a few things that he messed up on such as Lebanon. George the First was just a fawktard. Panama good, Desert Storm good, Somalia bad, assault weapons bad. Then he lost to Clinton who's soul purpose in life was to get the "job" in the office and say whatever people wanted while dissing the military. Our current president, has shown a trait of wanting to do the right thing and bring this country out of the abyss that we were under for the past eight years. I don't know about you, but I felt more secure and safe and proud of my country with the likes of Reagan and Bush II in office.

Does the president affect my consumer confidence? Nope. I'm just a simple man. I pay my bills with the money I have, and if I have any left over, I buy things I need. I wish you could of read my manifesto of the real economic fawking of this country that I wrote for m j, but unfortuantely it was in the test forum and that post has gone the way of the wind. Maybe I rewrite it for ya and see if ya agree with it. On that note, I don't have a fawking clue on how economics as we know actually work cause there is too much BS going on. Maybe ya could enlighten us.

As for the education system, it's fawked, especially here in California. It goes deeper than just budget cutbacks. Why are those cutbacks happening?

I remember back in the day when I was a wee lad going to a school schoolhouse in the High Plains of Oklahoma that stuff was simple. We learned how to SPELL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, calculate our numbers and about the people and events of our world. Nothing more, nothing less. The teachers were dedicated. the students were discliplined and things were right with the world. While not the best student in the world, I kept my grades good and learnt some valuable stuff.

Lucky for me, I got to spend two years of my high school life out here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Night and day, shock and awe. The inmates ran the asylum, I flunked a class cause the teacher didn't take the time to help me out. We were learning things like diversity and tolerance for ropesuckers who had AIDS. American Government wasn't learning about how the government worked, nor was US History. It was teachers trying to make political statements and me showing that they were idiots.

These days, it's about making sure kids have breakfast (where's their fawking parents) and trying to understand why they are gangbangers. It's all about even if they are in this country illegally, they still get an education, but what value is that education? The special interest groups jump in and sue the **** out of the school district so there goes some more tax money. Now kids think they are entitled to college, a car and acting like a fawking fool, yet they can't even accomplish the most simple tasks that we were learnt back in the day cause that's not what they are getting. We can thank the liberal contingent of this country for fawking our kids.

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does the president affect my consumer confidence? Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily the president himself, but the policies he institutes, taxes he raises or cuts, and foreign policy (or state of foreign affairs to be more accurate). For instance; I work in marketing, so I see directly how the state of the Union affects the way purchasing trends go. When there was IMPENDING war, nobody was spending money on anything (as a whole, not just single individuals) because of the uncertainty. When the war started, people breathed a sigh of relief and began their consumer habits again. However, with the still uncertain state of affairs in Iraq, people (again, as a whole), are being tentative with their spending. Things like this have an effect on consumer confidence and spending. Another point to this order; how the US economy flourishes (or not) after this altercation with Iraq and the consequent rebuilding will depend on how the government allows the country to be 'rebuilt'. If they use US goods, services, and people (to the end that the Iraqi people cannot), I believe it will be a tremendous economic coup for this administration. Think about that-the government will be pumping at least a portion of those billions of dollars into the private sector to help reconstruct Iraq. I am all for that (even though most of the contracts for the oil field reconstruction have gone to Texans for Bush /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). As far as that goes, I say 'Right on Dubya'! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I see even greedy little France and Canada have decided they would like in now. Thanks for the help earlier...we can handle this ourselves.

[ QUOTE ]
    remember back in the day when I was a wee lad going to a school schoolhouse in the High Plains of Oklahoma that stuff was simple. We learned how to SPELL , calculate our numbers and about the people and events of our world. Nothing more, nothing less. The teachers were dedicated. the students were discliplined and things were right with the world. While not the best student in the world, I kept my grades good and learnt some valuable stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I share the same sentiment. I recieved quality education. Why?

[ QUOTE ]
    Lucky for me, I got to spend two years of my high school life out here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Night and day, shock and awe. The inmates ran the asylum, I flunked a class cause the teacher didn't take the time to help me out. We were learning things like diversity and tolerance for ropesuckers who had AIDS. American Government wasn't learning about how the government worked, nor was US History. It was teachers trying to make political statements and me showing that they were idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Times started to change. You moved into a system that favored overcrowding and increased workload for the educators. Why? The individual school districts recieve a certain amount of money per student. Why not get all of the students into one school, then reap the rewards of a huge population, while keeping the same building, staff, and technology? If the school systems would pay more teachers (lowering the teacher-student ratio), I believe that would go a LONG way to alleviating problems like you speak of. Additionally, parenting has taken a fawking dive, and without parents who are willing to support their educational system, the system will never work. Tis much easier to be reacive than proactive.

[ QUOTE ]
    It's all about even if they are in this country illegally, they still get an education, but what value is that education?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this in itself is ludicrous. Locally, our school system teaches 'English as a Second Language' classes. In FAWKING NEBRASKA! Shouldn't english be the only language in grade school? As an aside, a bill in the Nebraska legislature to cut state aid to illegal aliens FAILED. That's right, the fine state I live in provides welfare of different types (food stamps, daycare, whatever) to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

[ QUOTE ]
    Now kids think they are entitled to college, a car and acting like a fawking fool, yet they can't even accomplish the most simple tasks that we were learnt back in the day cause that's not what they are getting

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I toally agree. No accountability or responsibility. I guess taking a good old fashion ass whooping from yer dad, which worked, no longer is acceptable.

[ QUOTE ]
    We can thank the liberal contingent of this country for fawking our kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problems you and I speak of (litigation, lesser call for personal responsibility) all seem to be a hallmark of big government. Who favors that again?

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Damn...we came pretty close to agreeing right til the end!! That has to be a record. Where the **** is Corey whilst we debate this? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Where the **** is Corey whilst we debate this?

[/ QUOTE ]
    He'd probably agree with, but he has been gone awhile, maybe law enforcement is doing another big evidence burn up there and he's feeling the "effects." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Think about that-the government will be pumping at least a portion of those billions of dollars into the private sector to help reconstruct Iraq. I am all for that (even though most of the contracts for the oil field reconstruction have gone to Texans for Bush ).

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always good from war. There's one company, can't remember who it was, that got contracts to rebuild and train the Kuwaitis and Saudis, they were recruiting guys with specific MOS's out of the military and paying them about $100G a year on one year contracts. DAMN!!!!!

I never paid much attention to the deep down stuff of economics, though I would think right now would be a ripe time to be looking at investing in some defense contractors, what y'all think? Dubya is gonna take a beating for the oil contracts, hope he can weather it.

By the way before I get off onto other issues, ya think Rumsfield is burning bridges with the media? He's been hard on them here lately.

[ QUOTE ]
    Locally, our school system teaches 'English as a Second Language' classes. In FAWKING NEBRASKA! Shouldn't english be the only language in grade school? As an aside, a bill in the Nebraska legislature to cut state aid to illegal aliens FAILED. That's right, the fine state I live in provides welfare of different types (food stamps, daycare, whatever) to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did all the hippies move there or something? I think that California can be blamed for that.

A few years ago, outside of certain pockets of the country, no one knew or seen an illegal alien. California has always had them due to the ag. But with the unfriendly business climate out here, companies move or start up in other places of the country. There's a pig processing plant back home that's a good example, I'm sure y'all have places like this. So with these companies who do this crap work for crap wages, they can't get the locals to work for them, so they come out here to Cali to recruit. I see notices in the paper every so often for this pig plant and other places in Iowa, think I've seen one from Nebraska too. The company comes out, recruits the illegals and then the government will assist these people with moving out there; so California's immigrant problem is becoming America's. We also have about 15% unemployment in this county, so that always helps. This is one problem I have with Bush. Being from Texas, he should see the problems, but I think he's just a little too close to Vicente Fox. Every so often, I work out at the welfare office, the workers can't even ask these people if they are in the country legally, just take their forms and see if they qualify. Of course the governments have to have people who can speak to them. In fact I got a complaint a couple of months ago because I blew off some "non-English" speaker. Course it was funny cause he said "speak English?" a hell of a lot clearer than most of us can.

It's funny. Our government lets problems occur and all they do is come up with an unworkable solution, then in a couple of years another unworkable solution is devised; yet they do nothing to address the problem itself.

I read a funny article in this morning's paper. Got to give ya a little back story to this.

The two largest law enforcement associations in this state belong to the CHP officers' association and the Dept. of Corrections union. They campaigned hard for Gray Davis back in '98. Of course when a politician has law enforcement behind him, most can't lose. So in return of the favor, Davis got both of them some fat, and I don't mean just a tad fat, but flat out fawking obese beyond belief. So in '02, Davis gets reelected (how I don't know), has the same backing from both associations. Of course California is beyond broke, county and city governments and school districts are going broke. Davis is taking heat for the deficit. So he asked the associations to take a pay cut to help out the budget and they told him to go get bent. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    outside of certain pockets of the country, no one knew or seen an illegal alien. California has always had them due to the ag

[/ QUOTE ]

There is huge demand here for workers because of the bean and sugar beet harvests. A little further east you get into (oddly enough) corn harvest and slaughterhouses (I mean businesses; not what happens to OU every time they visit Lincoln /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Of course, there is a large number of legitimate migrant workers, but a huge portion of the workforce is made up of illegals. During the harvest seasons, fully 60% of the local population (countable, obviously) is Hispanic. I would venture to guess that there are an additonal 25% of the total Hispanic population unaccounted for, because of their illegal status.

[ QUOTE ]
    I never paid much attention to the deep down stuff of economics, though I would think right now would be a ripe time to be looking at investing in some defense contractors, what y'all think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but most of the economy that is going to boom would be in things like steel, wood, and products related to those industries. Also companies that provide the humanitarian supplies, as well as hospital and medical supplies. I can only imagine how much of that stuff they will go through over there. Oddly enough, the economies to invest in right now are in South America; their oil workers negotiated their contract and are no longer on strike, and their economies are booming all of a sudden.

[ QUOTE ]
    By the way before I get off onto other issues, ya think Rumsfield is burning bridges with the media? He's been hard on them here lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only imagine the constant stress he has been under for the last couple months, specifically the last 3-4 weeks. Top that with having to talk to those media clowns daily...I can see that it would start to have an effect on one's 'cordiality'. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Davis is taking heat for the deficit. So he asked the associations to take a pay cut to help out the budget and they told him to go get bent.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    One cannot convict on suspicion. There has yet to be ANY proof. And we are IN THE COUNTRY.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, this is not a court of law. Second, these weapons are likely very well hidden... and that country is the size of california. It will take time to find much of anything. While we are on the subject though... the day we find WMDs, I expect a full appology on your part. If we dont find anything at all WMD-related, I'll do the same. deal?

[ QUOTE ]
    Seeing as how you seem to be (or this post) seems to be a big proponent of the US's 'victory' in the Cold War; remember what we found of the 'Great Soviet Military' when we finally got into the Soviet Union after the Cold War ended?? Empty silos, tank 'husks' (to give sattelites the impression there were far more tanks than there actually were), fishing boats by the hundreds in St. Petersburg's harbor, masked as warships. All a facade to imply power.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can drop the little quote marks around the word victory any time. The cold war cost us money... and it cost us men.. but in the end our enemy was toast and we were on top. Thats the definition of victory. Reagan challenged the communists to an arms race, and the commies couldnt keep up, it collapsed their entire system. It cost a lot of money... but less than an all-out nuclear WWIII would have. The left in America will never forgive Reagan for beating their russia brothers.

As to the "all their equipment was fake" comment... it has to be the dumbest thing I have read on ck5 in years. Did the russians use decoys? sure... all military forces do to one degree or another when they think they are outnumbered, outgunned, or they are just trying to decieve the enemy about thier strength/position. They were trying to keep up with out build-up... since their pos economic "system" doesnt work very well they couldnt keep up... so out came some decoys. That doesnt mean their entire military was a paper tiger... they kept the non-russian "republics" in the USSR, as well as eastern europe under the boot of the red army... and it wasnt plywood-cut-outs of tanks that did that. Read the part in the communist manifesto where it says that commies "must forcibly overthrow all other existing social orders". The commies werent the bunch of peace lovers that the left has TRIED to portray them as. They had wherehouses FULL of road signs... these road signs had translated names of streets... streets in western european cities. This is a single piece of evidence... but it completely blows the idea that the USSR was controlled by men of peace or that the red army in eastern europe was a defensive force. There is an ungodly amount of further evidence that shows this, but there is no need to waste the bandwidth.

[ QUOTE ]
    Could the ever-up-front Saddam Hussein have done the SAME THING?? IMPLIED that he had WMD, to keep the rest of the middle east and his own people at bay?? He used them all up on the Kurds, and that was the last of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"keep the middle east at bay?" wtf? i agree that the middle east has some idiot/militant leaders running some of the countries, but just who was saddam keeping at bay? Kuwait? Saudi Arabia? Syria? Jordan? Turkey? please. The only country that could even begin to attack iraq would be iran, and that war is over. Also, how much sense does it make to develop/maintain a weapons system... and then at some point down the road use it... then get rid of it when there is no reason to do so? fact is, they worked pretty well against the kurds and the iranians... if you are saddam, why get rid of them?

[ QUOTE ]
    I will retract this statement if the US finds these biological/chemical/nuclear weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you must not be a die hard leftist, they NEVER admit that they were wrong... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, you must be a product of the public education system. Federal spending on education is up. Ted Kennedy wrote the bill, and it calls for more spending by the federal government on education than any other budget in the history of man kind... including all 8 yrs of the Klinton regime. Is that not enough for you? good god. throwing money at our education system is NOT the answer. we spend more and get less than almost any developed nation out there. Until we find ways to cut costs from the top down, our education "system" will terminally suck... and throwing another hundred billion at it wont save it.

[ QUOTE ]
    How about the rest of the blistering economy?

[/ QUOTE ]

the nasdaq was already tanking during the last year of Klintons presidency. Bills passed during the GW presidency are only now starting to affect the economy. There is a lag between the time policy is enacted and the time the economy is effected. The 1st year any president is in charge, whatever is happening to the economy is entirely under the influence of the previous administration. In spite of this, and 9-11, the recession was VERY shallow (some debate if it even was technically a recession). Interest rates are low, the war is going well, and the tax cuts will slowly but surely work their way through the system and all will be ok. Talk to a real economist sometime and ask him/her about the long term effect of the reagan tax cuts in the 1980s... when you are enlightened, come back and talk to me.

[ QUOTE ]
    Focus will fall back on how Bush is shirking his duties elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? what duties are being shirked? This is classic left-wing-wacko propaganda. "duties are being shirked!" a completely baseless claim with no supporting info that just happens to fit into a sound bite. congress is the body that takes forever to get things done... if things arent getting done, call the fillibustering morons of the leftist party. All the pres does is sign bills the congress critters pass...

[ QUOTE ]
    He's not cleaning up anyone's 'mess'; he's handling business overseas that demands attention now.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you're half right anyway. Next thing you know, you'll be telling us that Bill Klinton giving the North Koreans that nuclear reactor was a "good idea". Good god.

[ QUOTE ]
    On a side note-isn't this the same government the US tried to help the Kurds overthrow (only to back out)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and that was a screw up, no question about it. I dunno, maybe GHWB was listening to jim baker to much (a leftist in right-wing clothing). Leaving allies in the lurch is traditionally the marching orders of the left. In any event, GW is not his father, so quit trying to heap blame on one for something the other did. Do you accept blame for screwups your father made?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

two things. first, iran was the most US-hating regime in the middle east during the 80s. They carried out terrorist acts (hostage-taking etc) themselves and supported the terrorist actions of others (to attack israel by way of lebanon generally). We supported saddam during that time on a "enemy of our enemy" basis. Essentially, we tried to use Iraq to help neutralized Iran... to keep them busy with iraq so they wouldnt be doing the terrorist crap they really wanted to do. Thats all the relationship was.. I dont see why the leftists crap their drawers over it.

Secondly, we gave the iraqis some weapons during this time... sure, but look at what we see them equipped with now. what is the rifle they carry? AK-47... russian, chinese, or east-bloc made. what tank do the drive? generally T55s or T72s... Russian made. What missiles do they have? Scuds, Al Somuds, Silk Worms etc, North Korean/Chinese made. What jets do they fly? Mirages (french) or migs (russian). Who made their nuclear reactor in the 80s? France. Who gave them night-vision capability? Russia. Whos artillery do they use? Russian. Whos APCs/trucks do they drive? Russian. Are you starting to sense a pattern here?

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmm...who were the Presidents while that was happening....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you disagree with leaving the kurds/shites in the lurch, than you must support the war against iraq... you gotta admit, we aint leavin em in the lurch this time.

j

20. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I just have one more question.This question was posted on here via audio from a website but its a good question.How does not removing a tyrant who kills his own people,doesnt help his country prosper as well as they could,bullies everyone he comes across, and has been responsible for thousands to millions of deaths ,help anyone???Thats my only question then im done. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif