Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

War with Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I fully suport the action being taken in the middle east. Just wondering why Bush's father didn't get rid of Saddom Hussien back in 91. Also crosses my mind how much daddy has to do with this. I think this action NEEDs to be taken !!!!! What's your thoughts ?????

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Removing Saddam was not part of the plan during Desert Storm. Expelling Iraqi forces from Kuwait was. The Coalition Forces achieved that goal in an overwhelming manner.

Our goal now is to remove Saddam from power, find the WMD's and remove Iraq as a threat to the World. We will atain those goals. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I feel nomatter what we do (War, no War, etc.) there is going to be loss in lives and $$$$.

The longer it is drawn out, the more lives and $$$$ that will be lost. People die everyday over there needlessly, the sooner it stops the better.

He has gotten away and pushed for too long.

"Daddy" didn't do anything to Saddam, because "popular opinion" was against it. The general consensus was it was not "our" war to fight (with him)....although alot of our $$$, weapons, and resources were being used (directly and indirectly).

There is going to be no good outcomes, just "hopefully" the lesser of many evils. I don't like the thought of War and the negatives that come with it, but I believe the greatest good will only come with "complete intervention".

Just my thoughts, I will stand by them, even defend them, but I am open to debate /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif on a civil level.

Unfortuneately the threat of war or actual war stirs up a lot of emotions in people, just step back and imagine what it is doing for those on the front lines and their families.

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just step back and imagine what it is doing for those on the front lines and their families.

[/ QUOTE ]
    War is not a good thing, but unfortunately, sometimes it is a necessity. As for the troops on the front lines, they know the only way home is through Baghdad, as it was through Kuwait when it was my turn. It is rough on the families, but a bit of solice for them should be that their loved ones are prepared and equipped to do what must be done. Nobody likes war, but someone has to be prepared to wage it.

John

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I fully suport the action being taken in the middle east. Just wondering why Bush's father didn't get rid of Saddom Hussien back in 91. Also crosses my mind how much daddy has to do with this. I think this action NEEDs to be taken !!!!! What's your thoughts ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

We had a lot of Arab countries on our side then and they did not want Saddam removed. This is also why we wouldn't allow Isreal to retaliate after Iraq fired scuds at it. Different case this time. Hopefully Iraq won't attack Isreal this time because they WILL fight back this time. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We had a lot of Arab countries on our side then and they did not want Saddam removed. This is also why we wouldn't allow Isreal to retaliate after Iraq fired scuds at it. Different case this time. Hopefully Iraq won't attack Isreal this time because they WILL fight back this time. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not up on the Isreal issue. Why don't we want Isreal involved ??? I would think the more forces fighting against Iraq would be better. But like I already stated, I'm not fully innformed on Isreal.

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not up on the Isreal issue. Why don't we want Isreal involved ??? I would think the more forces fighting against Iraq would be better. But like I already stated, I'm not fully innformed on Isreal.

[/ QUOTE ]because all arab nations dislike Israel for basicaly existing.

the quick history of the matter is, at the end of WW2, the victors came in, and carved a jewish state out of the arab countries, and named it Israel. they were suppsoed to carve a palestinian state out of the desert too, but the isralies, and palestinians both jumped the gun, and went strait to war. we dump several billion in aid and weapons into Israel every year, and most arab nations are quite pissed about that to begin with.

as far as this impending war is concerned, I feel I'm not informed enough to make a clear cut argument for either the `bleedingheart peace-niks', or the `massive boner Warmongers.' the media as usual merely spouts whatever propaganda seems appropriate for selling whatever kind of soap thier advertisers have. I just want the damn thing to be over, wether we have war, or back off.

-Rich

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not up on the Isreal issue. Why don't we want Isreal involved ??? I would think the more forces fighting against Iraq would be better. But like I already stated, I'm not fully innformed on Isreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every Arab nation hates Isreal, so it would likely bring more nations into the war. Isreal has nuclear weapons and has stated, if non-conventional weapons like anthrax are used on it, it will retaliate with non-conventional weapons.