Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warlock mufflers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

anybody use em or heard of them? i like the idea of being able to uncork my headers easy on the street truck, and they should sound like a turbo muffler in closed mode. opinions?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I run them. I've had them for about 3 years and there's about 3 holes in them(duals). Since, they're made of steel, they rusted pretty fast. The uncorking was cool for a few months, but it sucks to have a huge power loss for a poor attempt to look cool. I haven't unplugged them for 2 years. They used to be quiet, quieter than any Flowmaster, when plugged but now since they have holes in them they sound like s hit. If you decide to get them, which I advise against, be sure to slather the plugs and nuts with anti-seize each time you put them on, or else they ain't coming off. BTW, those gaskets lasted about a month.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

thats what i was afraid, do you live somewhere that they salt the roads? or did the mufflers just blow out.
    i was also considering something like a single chamber flowmaster. i want something that sounds badass. there are glasspacks on it now, i want it to be alot throatier and louder.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No salt here...hell it doesn't even freeze most of the time. I drive it a lot so it wasn't built up condensation either. Single chamber flows are basically straight pipes, I think Flowmaster makes them for classes that must run some type of muffler. Spintech muffs are real throaty, as are the Dynomax's. I forgot which model Dynomax it is but there one that just has a pipe going straight through the muffler housing...those sound good too. And then there's always the tried and true 40 series(2 chamber) Flowmaster. Are you going to run cats? True duals? True duals w/ crossover? What size pipe? What motor? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i have a 3" 40 series delta flow in my blazer, and its really throaty at low rpm, but kinda mellows out above 2500.
    i want something that gets progressivly louder as i step on the gas. something that has a straight pipe thru the muffler would be good. magnaflows are like that, but a little too mellow for me. if those single flowmasters add a little bit of deepness to the straight pipe sound, i think that would be great. the truck is a 65, it will have dual 2.5 pipes and no cats. possibly crossover and a mild 350. its not a DD so the louder the better.are those spintechs louder than a 40 series?