Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn 8274...again.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Oct 6, 2001.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Well, I just ordered the new motor for the winch because I burnt the other on up, last week of moose season, and now I cant afford to get some other parts I had been looking at.....but the winch is a MUST...so i was wondering if there was anything special to do to put the motor in and any upgrades that you guys ...gals have done to improve this winch? THX as always

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

wasn't it an option to have the motor rebuilt? (this is what my friend and i did to a trashed 8274, rebuilt motor and 1 new solenoid make winchie good as new....)

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

3. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I was quoted 155.00 for the complete rebuild here in Alaska, so the 196.00 for the newer motor is much better deal...the old motor is rated by WARN to be 2.5 HP.....the new motor is 4.6 HP and has a warrenty better than a rebuild, thus the reason for the new motor, and I hope that with this motor I wont need a snatch block as often.