Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

warn 8274?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by edman87, Dec 28, 2002.

1. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

8274 is the model on the old style 8000 warn with the motor mounted above the drum right? anyway, what's an older used one worth that's in good cond? I may have a chance to buy a '76? cj-5 with 1 mounted to it and possibly another 1 with it. thought of buying and parting out so i could get the winch for my k5. I have a warn x800i and have used the older ones and like them better. They seem to be more durable and ar way faster, although that is not my major concern.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Depends on how old. If its really old they went through a design change sometime ago and you cannot get parts anymore. That winch is a hell of a good winch. They are like $1000 new or so.

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

If it's the one with the ratchet on the brake all the parts can be retrofitted. It's worth maybe 450 if it's in good shape. Knock off for crappy cable and stuff from there. I just bought new style solenoids and motor for my old style 8274.