Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn Enforcer bumper on 73-80 truck - PICS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Apr 17, 2003.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Man this bumper is a big mutha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just thought y'all might like to see it!

-- Mike

2. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Looks real good, are the holes on either side for lights or for some type of snatch point ? I like the how it's made so you can stand on it to get up into the engine compartment. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

The holes are for driving or fog lights. I would like to get a set of the Warn 4x Driving lights, but that is an additional $100 and I can't afford it just for some lights. Until whenever, it's just going to be open.

I like the diamond tread top. The middle section is removable for access to the winch (to plug in the remote controller.) The left and right sides of the top are fixed and are sturdy. I wouldn't want to stand on the access cover /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-- Mike

4. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Looks real good! I put a solid black one on a friends truck not too long ago. On his, the corners of the bumper seemed kinda flimsy for a winch bumper, is your's like that too? The center section is one tough fellow though that's for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As for the lights, we went down to Tractor Supply Co and bought some work lights that fit in there real good. They were just a tad smaller than the holes, but have a black rubbery outer housing so it all blended together real nice. I believe they were around $10 each. A cheeper alternative to the Warn 4x lights. I've never seen the Warn lights at night, so I cant comment about how well they compare, but the tractor lights are flood lights and plenty bright for dark trails.

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the corners of the bumper seemed kinda flimsy for a winch bumper, is your's like that too?

[/ QUOTE ]

The corners themselves are plastic and won't stand up to much weight. Right where the plastic meets the metal it seems pretty strong. I'm sure it would bend if I hit a tree at speed, but other than that it's good.

The center section is tough, no doubt.

As far as Tractor Supply Co. goes, I'm going to check into it. There's one not too far from here and that is a lot cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks.
    -- Mike
    -- Mike

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

looking good mike, what is next on the agenda /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

That IS a big mutha! Nice tho! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How much did it cost ???

9. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    looking good mike, what is next on the agenda

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gotta get the ebrake up and running. I'm swapping in a JB7 master cyclinder and a disc/disc prop valve too.

-- Mike