Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn Enforcer bumper *Pics* and new idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 15, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My friend just traded a set of fender flares off a '92 Chevy for a Warn Enforcer front winch bumper (minus the winch). It was off of a late 70's Blazer.

I saw it tonight and just had to have it.

Whats a fair price to offer him for it?

Looks to be in good shape.

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Re: Warn Enforcer bumper

Brand new it's 300.
    Base it on that.
    I have a used one in my garage waiting for me to fab up the mounts.
    -- Mike

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Brand new the ENFORCER is $300, not including mount kit /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. The mount kit is something $400, if purchased seperately. 4wheel parts is selling the chrome version for our model year rigs for $628 complete.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Yeah, why do you think I'm fabbing mounts /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Mine is the chrome version too. I don't like chrome in general, but it matches my rear bumper (PO put on) so I went with it.
    -- Mike

5. mountainexplorer

He brought it over today and we set it on the front of my truck in the garage. Pictures are kind of dark. Chrome is in good shape, just needs a good cleaning.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I may end up trading him a 350 4-bolt main shortblock, a pair of 4" lift rear shocks, and a 203 T-case shifter box for the bumper.

6. mountainexplorer

Re: Warn Enforcer bumper *Pics*

I was looking at the bumper a bit ago. A Warn 8274 that I have wont fit because it sticks up too high. After taking some measurements, I also discovered that a Warn M12000 won't fit either, because it wouldn't fit between the framerails, and the bumper mounts so that it is set back for the winch to be located partially inbetween the frame horns.

So, I had an idea. Does anyone think that this bumper would look ok or stupid on the "back" of a truck. I already have another bumper for the front with an M12000. By making two simple brackets out of flat plate, I could mount the bumper on the back of the truck, and an M12000 would fit. If I ever had enough $$ to buy another M12000, I could have a winch in the front and the rear.

Stupid idea?

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

It looks like it is missing the 'inspection cover' or whatever that goes on top. It's just diamondtread like the rest of the top.
    Remember, these things are big plows. They stick out quite a bit and will decrease your approach angle. I didn't know how did of a plow it was until I bought it, but I'm still going with it.
    No, I don't think it would look good at all on the rear. It looks like a front bumper IMO.

Do you think you can get a pic, I guess standing in the engine bay, that shows the back of your bumper so I can see how you have it mounted? It would help me tons!
    You could mount it a little further forward if you wanted to to fit the m12000.
    -- Mike

8. mountainexplorer

I'll try to get another pic. The guy that had it on his Blazer basically flipped the original Ford brackets. Using the existing brackets, I don't think I can move it forewrd enough to clear an M12000. My friend has the inspection cover for the bumper, its just still at his house.

9. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Only way to find out is to mount it on the rear. I have seen show trucks with them back there, its really up to your eye. Personally I would buy the chrome piece and fab a cradle that would work. Besides the "Enforcer" does'nt, it just looks good /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. Tap a trail obstacle and you'll find out /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

10. mountainexplorer