Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn/front Hubs 89 Surb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ARTIC, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARTIC

ARTIC Registered Member

NEED some help from the people that play with this stuff all the time,i have a 89 SLE 1500 4x4 Surb 5.7 gas throdl body,WARN hubs on the front,what i need to know is,in the front end-DIF/AXLES ect,the 2x short driveshafts on eather side that drive the front wheels with in the front spindles? how much end play is normal,so if i crawl under the truck and grab the Ujoint?how much should that axle move in and out of the front spindel-none-a 1\6"-1\4" to much? and what holds that axle in to that spindel,a clip? or a bearing.this is my first 4x4 and up untill know i use to drive a TEXAS CADILLAC-6.2 SURB2wd 38 mpg,its got a blown head gasket right know so iam forced to drive my summer truck in the salty roads,its 4x4 and ive only put about 400miles on it since i bought it 2 years ago,so i would like to know a littlte bit more about thr front end,if you need more info about the truck i will post back in a little bit with it.
    THANKS

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

A 1/4 inch is not exessive. With the warn hubs there should be a snop ring that holds the axel shaft in the hub right undernieth the hub cover. The groove in the axel shaft is where the snap ring goes. mabey that will help if not let me know i'll try to clear it up for ya

3. ARTIC

ARTIC Registered Member

THANKS for getting back to me,the short axle only moves about a 1\16",but the long one moves about 3\16",i gues i should pull the WARN -free/lock-hubs off and take a look in there to see whats cookin.do you just need and allen key and that it?it kinda looks that way?what in side,lots of little parts that fall out and its a puzzl?or its not that bad realy.allso how do you tell if you have DANA running gear on your truck,somone spent a lot money on this truck befor i got it,it had a work order in the glove box forover $2,800 -brakes,exhost,rear/dif,tires.it could be somone botched## the job on the rear end,get this,iam runnen 32"x11 with a 700R4 locker,the spedo in to the trany is stock,no step gear,and my dash speedo saya iam doin 10 over the limmit,60 is realy 50-that doesn't make sence,bigger tires means your speedo is under not over rite?some more info no this would be apreatiched,THANKS