Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

warn hs9500

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jasonkh2tg, May 20, 2003.

1. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

I will be mounting my warn hs 9500 winch this weekend and installing my transfer case, NP 205 with a twin stick..I can't wait I'll show the pic's of the twin stick this weekend if I get around to it...also I may bleed the brakes if I get around to it I will be using russel's speed
    bleeders...who out there has used speed bleeders before...also I have a 2" inch body lift so I may have to make the cluch rod longer (anyone done that with any luck..)
    any tips would be great...
    opps I just made one post like 3 questions...

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I've got the speed bleeders on my s-10 (on the Blazer I just have stock ones caked with mud). They work good. Just put a line on one, crack it open a 1/4 turn, and pump the brake a few times. I am working on building a vacume bleeder to make bleeding the blazer easier.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I extended my cluch rod.
    What I did was take the rod out and cut it in half.
    Then figured out how long it needed to 'grow'.
    Next took a heavy gage pice of steel pipe that just fit over the rod. Welded the pipe to each pice of rod(had a good 4" of rod inside the pipe on both ends to make sure it was nice and strong) and wala a longer rod with stock ends. Painted it and tossed it in. Been working great ever sence....
    Good Luck

4. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

Yea, I like the pipe Idea you did...I was thinking at first of using solid rod stock but the week points would be at the welds...so yea I'll go with the pipe idea and make sure I got plenty of overlap...that way the welds are there just to hold the overlap pipe in place,and not for strength for pushing in the clutch....thanks... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya exactly! You got it!
    Like I said it worked out great and never had any issues with it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif