Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

warn hubs question???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxrcr589, Oct 21, 2003.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

i just got some warn hubs and when i was putting them in, i couldnt get them to fit all the way without taking the washer and circle clip in front of the lock nut, im not sure if anyone can understand what im trying to say but it seen that the washer and cirle clip should stay in to keep that lock nut from coming lose. by the way i have a 1990 , its a 10bolt, any info would help thanks

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you remove the snap ring behind the old hubs? Kinda gotta look real close. Yeah you need that ring with all the holes in it between the locknuts. If it is just a snap ring that goes in the groove on the shaft I have been told that you don't need that. I don't have them and everything works fine.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I haven't had that snap ring for over 3 years now, no issues with that one.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sometimes you need to take a big screwdriver or prybar and stick it in the axle joint and force the axleshaft out a little bit to get the hub in all the way and the snaprings one. I have had to do this before. Sometime you have to sometimes you don't. If it is just a little clearence that you need then that should work.

Harley