Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

warn hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Nov 11, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

today me and one of my buds put a set of warn premenu hubs on my blazer and I love them all readdy once we put them in we went and tested them in the mud a they work great it was nice to have a 4WD agine.

just wanted to thank you guy that gave the atvice on puting in the hubs.

and to tell you guys with auto hubs that you guys would love the manul hubs you know when they are in and when they are out.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I just ordered a set from 4WP yesterday, I hope they work[​IMG]. I'm having withdrawl(sp?) from not going wheelin'[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

3. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

I might just have to go get me some manual hubs. I'm getting reeeal tired of backing up two to three times to make sure my hubs are out.

Call my rig an SUV... And I'll tear your lungs out.

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

BlazerGuy I know how you feel I could not play in the mud for two weeks.

BigJim85 I hated haveing to back up 3 or 4 times to get my auto hubs to unlock the manual hubs are a world of difrnce.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

5. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

I've got a question for you guys who have Warn Hubs. I put Warns on about a year ago and love them but yesterday it was snowy and nasty out so I wanted to go play but I couldn't get it locked into 4wd. The hubs were locked and I put it in 4hi but just the rears spun. I put it into 4lo but the same thing happend. The only thing that I can think of is that I repacked the front bearing about two months ago because I went playing in the sand and it just needed to be done. Any idea's?

Getsome

6. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Amen to the manual warns. I just put mine in last week, and yesterday I finally got to go out and play. Had to pull 2 4runners out and a jeep. LOL!!! When will these boys with these little toys learn!!!!! LOL!!!! Go heavy Chevy!!! Man did I give them a rashion of shinola. LOL!! The funny thing is I still have stock tires.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Warn Premium hubs were the first thing I bought for my truck, I think 2 years ago. Never had a problem with them. They were on my 1/2 front axle, now they are on my 3/4 axle. Couldn't ask for a more trouble-free hub.
    I'll miss them if I ever find that elusive cheap d60.
    -- Mike

9. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

I found out the problem with my hubs the other day. The snap ring that holds gear looking thing had come off so that when I tryed to lock the hubs it didn't compress the spring to engage the shaft. I try the simple things first.

Getsome

10. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I think the best hubs around, bar none, ar ethe Spicer originals. Heavy steel, not cast aluminum like Warns and other brands. I have never broken a Warn, either on the 44s when I had them, or the 60s I have now, but I would bet "dollars to donuts" that steel hubs are stronger than aluminum!! Another tid-bit...I picked up a set of Spicer manual hubs (with yellow knobs) for $20 thru eBay a couple months ago!!! Can't beat the price!!!

ken