Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn Motor Parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjohnintexas, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bigjohnintexas

bigjohnintexas Registered Member

Does anyone know where I can buy new field coils for a warn 8274 winch. My nearest warn service dealer told me that he could only get the whole motor but that the coils were the same for both the splined and keywayed motors. All the starter shops in my area either can't find the field coils new or would rather sell me a used case for $100. Any leads on where I can buy some field coils would be great.

2. lectric80

lectric80 3/4 ton status

You may want to look for a company called Rexco. They carry tons of auto electrical components and could probably match something up. I do not know for certain if they would deal with the public, but if you could talk to the local starter shops they may have an in with them. I know that my buddy rebuilds winches and everything else auto electrical in his shop so I know that Rexco can deliver on what you need.

3. bigjohnintexas

I tried looking up REXCO but had no luck. Anyone else know of any good leads for a starter/alternator supply store? Thanks.

4. lectric80

lectric80 3/4 ton status

Sorry they are a division of Romaine Electric. I did a google for Romaine Electric and you can see several distributors, as well as they can send parts to nearly all of the country. Their addy is http://www.romaineelectric.com/

5. bigjohnintexas

Great, thanks. I'll call them first thing in the morning and see what they can do for me. It's crazy that Warn won't sell you individual parts for the motors. I have always been very impressed with their customer service and when I called them on this matter, the customer service rep even implied that he didn't think it was right that they don't support their customers by selling parts for their motors. By the way, Warn's prices on parts went up this year. New price on a replacement motor for a M8274 is almost $400. Thanks again for the link.

6. bigjohnintexas

Romaine has the parts that I need. I had to set up an account with them through my shop because they are wholesale only, but now I can get parts for almost any starter or alternator. They have a huge parts selection. Anyway, thanks for the great lead.

7. lectric80

lectric80 3/4 ton status

Not a problem for the lead. Like I said I have a very good friend that does all my electrical, and he swore by them. They can get parts for just about anything you can imagine, and their prices are fair. I will tell you that it may not have been Warn that raised their prices, as the price of copper has gone up nearly 200%, and even Romaine has had to raise a lot of prices. Glad you found the parts, and that something I posted actually helped.

8. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Did you look into having someone rewind your old field coil? I'm sure there are companies that specialize in electric motors that could do it.:confused:

9. Elevator Man

Elevator Man 1/2 ton status

New price on a replacement motor for a M8274 is almost $400

This price should be for the new 8274-50 upgrade Its the 6.0hp motor which is worth the money.