Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn Premium Hub Breakage *EDIT- Resolved*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Sep 29, 2006.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Well, Im such a hardcore wheeler, I broke my Warn premium hubs. Not the body, but the little spring/finger assembly on the back of the cap. The little fingers, that push on the hub body, and make the connection to the stub, snapped off.

Question, does anyone know if warn p/n 20825 (hub service kit), comes with this piece? If it doesnt, does anyone know how to get these? New hubs arent in the budget right now, so Id rather fix these.

If someone wanted to give me a 60, I could just make do with that :wink1:

Thanks for the help guys

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Call Warn. Should be covered under the lifetime warranty.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh I read the warranty though, and they want proof of purchase, I didnt buy em, family friend did back in the mid 90's, never used em, gave em to me. I read the warranty info in the box, and these only had a 1yr lol, anyone dealt with their customer service? How much do they actually care abt the Proof of purchase?

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Im wondering that myself...When i replaced one on my 10b through 4wp's they needed a proof of purchase and gave me a new set...

Now i bought 1 tons, with 35spline warn premiums, and no receipt...so if they break, its not going to be pretty!

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Can't hurt to call. I had some parts missing from the hubs on my K5 when I bought it. I called Warn to see about ordering the parts and they just sent them to me for free. If you're just trying to replace the broken part, they might hook you up. If you are going for a new hub, you might be SOL.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh, Im gonna call em monday

7. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

what style do you have? internal or external. I am parting out an axle with the external style warn premiums. they look like sh!t, but work. I literally threw them im the trash in my garage tonight. I can pull them out if they will help you.

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Really appreciate the offer man, but I have internals....argh....

9. gmc4cw

I have two sets of warn internals, I don't know if they are premiums or not. post a pic of the part you broke. if I have it, its yours. I gotta stop parting out trucks. I have way too much crap laying around. I have 4 dana 44 housings that I have no idea what I am going to do with.

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

The premiums have the gold colored dial. I had to put the hub back on the truck since I still have to drive it. If you take the hub dial, and flip it over, looking at the back there is a black piece w/ 2 or 3 'prongs' sticking up. That is the piece I need. I actually need 2 of them, I broke both sides lol.

If you dont understand, give me a day or two to take it back off and take a pic.

11. gmc4cw

my problem is my garage is 20 miles from me and I only get out to it twice a week. I'm pretty sure I have set. the ones I have look like the ones on warn's website. the externals look more premium then the internals. I geuss I like metal more then plastic.

12. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

13. gmc4cw

can't help ya. damn. I live in an apartment and keep my truck at my fathers house. its not bad though I have a 20x20 space too myself. I can go wheeling in the woods right behind it. every friend I have with a 4x4 has been stuck in some way. I run 44's and have high centered myself on rocks:eek1: one of my friend buried himself to the frame in mud just trying to get to the rocks I stuck myself on. nothing like an hours long extraction 100 yards from your kitchen. at least all my tools and spare parts are just a walk away.

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ah well, thanks for the thought man.

Hey atleast you dont have to spend $ on gas driving to a place to go wheeling, or worryin about loadin up on a trailer.

15. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I could use the extra parts for my 74 if no one else can use them....

16. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

lol you beat me too it......

I'll stand in line behind Cmoe.

17. gmc4cw

what do you need. everything is there except 2 of the allen bolts that hold the outer part in. they were rounded out so I drilled them.

18. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I can use all the parts... The locking hubs on mine right now needs help?

19. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Call Warn and tell them you lost the reciept. They will probably make you ship them the hub but they might send you a new one. A guy on another board broke one and had the same problem, no reciept. I sent him the receipt for my Warns so he could warranty them at Desert Rat but in the mean time he called Warn and Warn said they would give him a new one without the receipt but I think he had to send it to them.

Harley

20. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Alrighty, called em, told em I didnt have a receipt, and in so many words, I was told tough luck, buy a new pair, we dont sell the wave springs separately......

After raising my blood pressure a few points, I hung up. Does anyone on here have a copy of a receipt for these things they can send me? 20990 is the p/n I have.

I am livid at the moment, $90 hubs, and they break the 10cent piece that they dont even sell, anddddddddd they wont replace the 10cent piece without a receipt!!