Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

warn premium hubs ?s c-clip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Jan 11, 2007.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

ok when you install the actaul hub...there is a clip that goes on the axle shaft. i could not get mine to go on bc i my axleshaft would slide out far enough...is this ok? or should i keep trying. I removed all hte clips up to the first hub nut on the spindle. If it matters its a 10b.

Thanks! the reason im wondering is bc we recently rebuild my friends d44 in his wagoneer and i put hte c-clip on the first notch not hte second so his hubs would rattle adn walk back and forth and would lock in properly...i dont want this happening to me. thanks again!

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh, sometimes you have to reach around behind the knuckle, and push the stub shaft out just a little to get it to expose that groove.

3. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

gotcha i tried that but i couldnt get them to seat properly. guess ill fix that tomorrow.

4. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Please do yourself a favor and leave the clip out. The clip puts so much pressure on the inner piece of the hub (especially when turning) that it actually will wear out the hub in short order. It won't hurt a thing and your hubs will live a long and prosperous life, trust me.

5. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

i took a pair of needle nose and put it b/t the housing and the ujoint and it pushed it out enough for me to get that clip on.

6. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

I put the c-clip on the first notch on my truck should i put it on the 2nd notch?

7. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

man i cant remember how i did it and i threw away the box and instructions. if i pulled it back apart i could tell ya its just been 2 months and its out of sight and out of mine ya know