Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn Rear full floater Kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer72, Apr 27, 2000.

1. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Has any one seen this kit yet for the 10 bolt or the 12 bolt rear axel!

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Contact Stephen Watson at Offroad Desings in CO. He has one on the 12 bolt rear end of his K-5 and has also done one on Project Stinky from Fourwheeler, it was a 10 bolt. I myself am torn between this and a set of Moser axle shafts.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I called four wheel parts wholesale and they quoted it at over 700$ for my k5..they said they didnt have a listing for 10 bolt rear axels...but warn said they do have it.

4. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

Check out the May 2000 issue of Four Wheeler magazine. They install the Warn Full-Float on a GM 10-Bolt. The article is on page 124.

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

having the first tranfer case doubler behind a NV4500 in an early k5 Steve and I are ord are good friends at this point:). I have talked to him in depth about this and have a kit on order from him at this time. I missed article on it and have yet to find it at this time! In the pasted, I found that get parts from places like ORD is a better bet than From the large places, as the smaller ones stand behind what they sell easyer, the large places look for any out they can at times it seems. '
    I under stand that it turn the 12 bolt in to some thing much like a dana 60. Though Steve did say that even though you can use lockout on the rear hubs that the drive slugs work better. I dont think I would do it to a 10 bolt though.