Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn vs. Superwinch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, Oct 11, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Which manual hub is better? Am I just paying for the name if I buy Warns? Any difference on the install between the two? Thanks for the input [​IMG]

[​IMG] YEEEE HAWWW!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have been using Warn Premiums in my 72 and have NEVER had any issues with them and when servicing the wheel bearings they remove and install very easyly too!! I will stick with Warn just cuz I know they work!!
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I heard/read somewhere that Warn actually "stole" the plans for their Premium hubs from Mile Marker and that MM Premiumhubs were identical. I dont know if this is true, but I would imagine that the MM hubs would be cheaper!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. Heath-La. 89GMC

Heath-La. 89GMC 1/2 ton status

Ive always heard that Warn was the best... but I went with Superwinch and I have no complaints. They were very easy to Install and always perform when called upon.

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Warn used to be the best on the market and was always my preference. That said I have not been happy with the fact that they have changed to nylon internals on some parts of them. I would go to a local 4x4 shop, have them set up the Warn, the MileMarker, and the Superwinch premiums for you to examine, look closely at the internals, I like a hub that has a long throw wiht a positive click when it locks into place, and check for plastic internals.
    hope this helps.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>