Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Warn XD9000 wiring question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jamus, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

I got a used winch and need help with wiring it. It had one bad selenoid(replaced) and all the lines cut on the control box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Warn XD9000? I think I have it wired back together correctly from pictures off the internet but want to double check. I think I have everything figured except the main ground wire that runs to the neg. post of the battery. Where does this go; winch body, winch mount, control box on one of the selenoids? Thanks for any help.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have an XD9000, the ground cable grounds directly to the motor case, you should see a bolt hole on the rear side that it will attach to.

3. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

Well, I think the guy must have lost the bolt that goes into the case. I felt around the back and didn't feel any studs. The guy mounted it on a winch bumper with the bottom and fairlead mounted together. Therefore the back is now the bottom. But I have to take it off the Ramcharger it's mounted on anyway. I'll check it out with it off. Thanks or the reply.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There is not a stud but rather a tapped hole for a bolt to go in. Look for it, it should be there.

5. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

Alright, I'll check it out as soon as I can. Tonight was the last day of my 4 day weekend. So, I might not get to check it out till next week. But anyway, you've been a lot of help. I've been running to every offroad site and asked with little success. So thanks. Let ya know what I find.