Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WARNING!!! BEN ARMER (MYBIKISFAS)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Jul 23, 2004.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK, I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt but...
    I parted with nearly $500 for some parts from BEN ARMER (MYBIKISFAS)out of Texas. He won't reply to PMs or emails and the stuff never showed. So be warned, don't deal with this guy! He was trying to sell stuff on here in the 'parts for sale forum'.
    I've dealt with some really decent guys on here and having to have you send the stuff here to me in England, you all proved trustworthy fellas...but there just had to be one didn't there!
    /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Re: WARNING!!!

Well hopefully he'll see this post and fork over the goods, or at least a refund. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. southernspeed

Unlikely! He's had enough time to respond. Wonder if he realizes that he left his cell phone number on one of his posts! Now lets see...you're about 8 hours behind me so if I start calling him around 10 am my time every day.....

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

edit your post title so he can see its about him... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. southernspeed

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After looking at MYBIKISFAS posts, I would have been suspicious of this guy "right off the bat". It seems like every time somebody posted they needed something, he would post up that he had exactly what they where looking for, in exactly the right size, and in barely used pristine condition. You have to be wary of people that say they always have exactly what you are looking, in exactly the right size all the time.

7. southernspeed

Yeah I hear ya, bit late for me now!! But what goes around, comes around!

8. southernspeed

9. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am going to send a PM to him because that is Jacked Up. I am also going to include a link to this post so he knows that we all know. Come ON CK5ers join me in pm bombardment........

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's worked before so it's worth a shot.

If you have his address, call the law enforcement agency that he supposedly resides in and talk to them about this guy.

11. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I'd definitely call the local cops. That's straight up theft!/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    If you corresponded via e-mail, maybe they could trace his IP address????
    Ooh yeah, if you sent him money, you all ready have an address. Anyway, I'd call the police and see what your options are. Maybe since this is an international transaction they might be able to threaten the guy with a felony conviction.... Probably just wishful thinking... I hate the thought of there being a thief on this forum.

12. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately its a civil case, not criminal. The police will most likely tell you that. If he came to your house and stole $400 worth of stuff it'd be felony theft...but since its a 'business' deal of sorts, its a civil liability. I'd seriously consider a small claims suit. Print out all the messages you have from him. I think it'd help a lot if you used pay pal to do any money exchange with people on the net unless you know them. Just my recommendations. I guess pay pal guarantees your transactions...undelivered, then THEY will go after the jacka$$ thats tryin to sell you something and not delivering. The whole cop info is just from me based on california law (prior SDPD) but the general laws are the same....good luck, need any further advice let me know.

13. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

PayPal is only good for 30 days. After that, they wont help.
    If you have an address or location for him, try calling the local authorities and ask to speak with a detective in reference to a Fraud case. See if they will make an "inquiring" visit. Keep working that until you get a response. Helped me with a situation I was in.

Good Luck.

14. southernspeed

Thanks guys. Unfortunatly I wired the money to him so don't have a proper address. I looked him up on the net and there is only one Ben Armer recorded near his location that he gave so I guess the police may pay him a visit. Worth a try I guess. Thanks again to all for your advice and support. Just don't want any other members getting ripped off! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. southernspeed

Can anyone get me the number for the police dept for Copperas Cove, Tx? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

17. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I had an issue with a guy out of Colorado Springs about a year ago so I called the Colorado Springs police. They told me that I needed to contact my local police dept. because I was the victum so crime was in my area. The my local police told me there was nothing they could do about it and suggested I report the guy to http://www.ifccfbi.gov. I filed a report and included all correspondance with him, including his promises and then atttempting to deny the deal, trying to say he never spoke to me, admitting he was stealing money from me and multiple threats.

I was able to get my money back because I paid him with my credit card via Paypal. Paypal was no help at all. They have a 30 day limit on complaints (same with E-bay). Most credit cards have a 90 window. I'm sure the credit card company got their $ back from Paypal and Paypal went after him.

Get the FBI on his case and file a complaint!

18. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Unfortunately its a civil case, not criminal. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not necessarily. If this guy is running fraudulent business, shouldn't he be subject to criminal prosecution? Reneging on a deal is one thing, committing fraud is another /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. And if it's not, it should be!!!
    Maybe in your case the cops just didn't want to deal with the headache.

19. southernspeed

Thanks again for all your help guys. I've set the wheels in motion!
    Decent people on a decent web site!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't it be a felony because it is interstate/international theft?? Good luck!