Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

warning buzzer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chris12, Sep 30, 2006.

1. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    When i pull my headlights on and turn the knob so my dash lights come on i get a warning buzzer. Were is this buzzer so i can disconnect it. or why is it making this buzzer go off. 88 jimmy

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Usually it goes off if you have the light on and the door open, if your door is closed maybe the switch on the door is broken and is acting like the door is open.
    I believe it's above the fuse box.
    IIRC

3. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    Yah on the drivers door i dont see a switch. Could it have fallen through or something. IS there anything indicating that it is the buzzer. And how do i go about disconnecting it

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If there is a hole where a switch used to be, the wiring is probably just down in the door, maybe grounding out which would trigger the buzzer IIRC.

I'd leave the buzzer alone, fix the other problem, it DOES help to remind you the lights are on...only takes one time for you to appreciate that feature. :)

5. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Nothing like a dead battery to cramp your style. Pull into a really brightly-lit parking lot, leave the lights on, come back to a DB. Taking a trip at 5am, lights on, sun comes up, get to your destination, leave the lights on, come back to a DB.

The buzzer also reminds you that your key is in the ignition. I carry a spare door key in my wallet (and a spare set of keys at home) as a backup in case I ever lock my keys in. I've done that for many years.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Haha, I get called paranoid, I carry 2 full duplicate sets on me at all times.

I ripped my buzzer out the first time I was working on some wiring under the dash, hearing that buzzing for about 5 mins was all I needed to send it sailing across the yard.