Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WARNING FULL ON RANT against the gilbert PD..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, May 16, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

ok, so 2 weeks ago, I got a ticket for who knows what, and I mean that in all seriousness... the copy I was given was all but completely blank, but myself being dead tired from it being 6 in the morning, didn't notice until later when I tried to read what exactly my violation was. all I know is that I have a court date on I think the 21'st of May, although that could be wrong too.... no real way to tell, since the cop didn't bother to press hard enough for anything to reach my copy.... calling the damn courts people hasn't helped me out any either: no one answers any phones over there, and no one seems to get thier messages I leave asking what the hell my tickets for. I believe they're lining me up to be dry raped, with an eggbeater, and there's nothing I can do about it.... I'm going to try calling their stupid selves again several times today, with the hopes that htey'll either pick up thier damn phones, or at least return a message I leave for them. otherwise, when I get back monday, I'll have to go down there, and be all pissed off in person ( did I mention I'm currently out of state, and probably will never hear from them since they suck hairy balls? )

I can't wait the 14 days I have left until I move out of that god forsaken warren of a hell holeish backwater POS crapbucket township of Gilbert. they can't seem to do anything right there... they shredded Baseline road from stapely to lindsay about the time I moved in january, and are no closer to completing it then they were when they shredded the perfectly good road. they also tore a giant hole in gilbert road where it intersects, making any travel in that direction utterly impossible, and completley stupid. several businesses in that area have had to close up, because its just too inconvenient for anyone to spend 30 minutes crammed into a 1 lane road to get to that intersection now. oh well, not my problem in 14 days... .

-Rich

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The ticket being basically blank could actually save you. I have a buddy that got his ticket thrown out of court because he signed it in the wrong place. Make sure you take the ticket to the court date, and you might get lucky. If the cop doesn't show for the court date, they might throw it out too. Just a thought.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

you sure to rant a lot..../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I agree with Hoss......Even though I am a cop. We as officers are (and should be) held to a higher standard. If the officer had done his job correctly, then the only question in your mind at the end of a traffic stop should be "Do I pay the fine, or fight it in court."

P.S. YOUR RANT CRACKED ME UP.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

"Do I pay the fine, or fight it in court."

Just remember your dealing with small town courts here. There's no way in hell the has-been town football hero cop is gonna miss court day, and you can bet your @$$ the judge, cousin goober, is gonna rule your way. They've got too much construction to pay for to let you off.

good luck anyway

tom

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"Do I pay the fine, or fight it in court."

<hr></blockquote>
    actaully, I asked him that question as he handed me the ticket, and he was like `the instructions are on the card enclosed within the envelope'

also, gilbert isn't really that small a town any more... they're actually somewhere in `mid sized city' status, but still run everything like its a small town... I have no problem with being pulled over when I deserve it, but I do have a problem when I'm getting no help from the damn city on the matter of what exactly I did wrong... I got through the other day, to a real live person, only to find that thier computer system was down.... fat lot o' good that did me, so I get to call one more time tomorrow, and try to get through, before storming in there in person tomorrow evening, to ask them what the hell it says ( court date is I think tomorrow evening, but as I said, I can't really read the ticket, so it could have happened 2 years ago for all I know)

to all you officers out there, I salute you for your dangerous job protecting us from the dangers of the world, and I will always respect any officer, until they prove other wise, like this one did.

-Rich