Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WARNING LIGHTS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JORGE, Mar 11, 2001.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    HELLO,Excuse me,i,m writting from Spain and i dont know the blazers very well,i need somebody answer to me some questions.
    yesterday i was checking out a for sale 6.2 diesel k5,and when we went in run ,sometimes a light between the speedmeter and the fuel tank meter, brights and turn off again.what is this light??i think there were two warning lights ,i don,t remember if the two brigts,but sure the left hand (speedmeter side) sometimes shone,please what does it means these warning lights?Let me know so soon as possible. Thanks .
    coke160@latinmail.com

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It might have been a "glow plug" light that was on. I'm not 100% certain but a lot of deisel vehicles here you have to turn the key on and wait for the glow plug light to turn off before starting it up.
    It might also have been a "water in fuel" warning.

Try posting this question in the Deisel forum, I'm sure the oil burner fans could help you out more.......[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

3. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

If it was the "Glow Plug" light(amber colored, on the left side), when you turn the key, wait for it to go out before attempting to start the engine or you'll flood it. After starting, it will cycle for a few seconds depending on how cold the engine is. If it was the "Water In Fuel" light(red colored, to the right), there's water in the fuel filter and it needs to be drained. The filter should be on the fire wall. You didn't say what year the vehicle was so I can't tell you what to look for. It will either be a silver box or a spin on type(like an oil filter).