Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WARRNING!! Contagious

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by mrbill, Oct 13, 2003.

1. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Something or someone was passing a disease around at Moab / Blazer Bash. I seem to have come home INFECTED! Didn't notice it until I got home. I first started noticing that my right shoe seemed tight then the whole leg was getting heavier, mostly when I get in my truck. Now I can't avoid stomping the skinny petal and am compelled to roar down the street. The neighbors are getting worried, starting to shake fists and snatching their kids off the sidewalks. Remember that I'm 49yrs old and have a grandson and am suppose to be a respectable citizen. After a few day's hanging out with you guys on the trail I've got the BUG!!! Aint' it GREAT! Now if I can keep some control at least until I get out of my neighborhood I may be OK.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I dream of slickrock each night now...going through Moab withdrawal's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

This could be another long spendy year working on the truck some more. That should amuse the wife.../forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rene

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I hear you! I have had it for quite a while now and can't seem to shake it. I've found that if you return to the place of origin, it will cause a sort of temporary relief while you are there but BE WARNED! , the momment you leave it comes back worse then before. It also has some dangerous side effects like:
    Spending money you don't have on things you want for your truck but do not need.
    Wanting to leave work, blow it all off and head west (In some cases south,north or east depending on your climate and location).
    Start up your truck, turn the tunes on and close your eyes while thinking of red dirt, hot sun and giant rocks.
    The heavy foot is only the begining of the symtoms.
    The lastest effect on me has been a strong urge to start a post for Blazer Bash 03-1/2!
    Hang in there Bill. If you start building your truck up it will take your mind off of it for a while.
    I have overheard that they are going to put up a warning sign near the exits on I-70 soon.
    If I hear of a cure, I will let you know /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and if I catch the guy that gave it to me..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif....... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Well, I just have to buy him a beer or two. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Yes i am finding some relief as start adding to my rig. so far i've bought some seats (with better pucker response) and found a gas tank skid. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifremember your suppossed to set the example not be the example....or is that the other way around /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Its bad for me as its only 90 miles away...heep owner at azone goes down there quite a bit...plannin a weekend excursion soon after nasal surgery...ack.

DW

7. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Forget the nasal surgery!!!! Jump in the truck and go down there where the air is clean. Get out in the great open air and breath in some hot exaust, burning rubber and steel on the rocks.
    --- 90 mile ACK..... oh nooooo /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

hhhhhmmmmmmmmm, I see support groups forming as we speak. I have been thinking of moving too.
    I'll be in Colorado in Dec. looking for work, mostly to be closer to the rocks .......

I'll have to rember to get rental insurance on the car I get /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Rent an S.U.V. and stop by Moab for a test drive.
    Just let me know so I can film it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That's standard, the "Moab Bump" tends to get to you. Pretty soon you start to think that if you just give it a little bump, you can do anything....

11. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    That's standard, the "Moab Bump" tends to get to you. Pretty soon you start to think that if you just give it a little bump, you can do anything....

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this is not true???

12. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean this is not true???

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T ANSWER THAT!!! i don't want to know!!! Let the dream live on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

aaron..we have plenty of dealerships here in junction....90 miles away...perfect distance for weekend runs to moab...lol.

DW

14. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'll be near Boulder (sp?) If I go, is that near to Junction?

15. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I've been surviving up here with daily wheeling trips! I am now at 11 for 11. 11 days since my return from Moab with my new truck and 11 days in a row I have wheeled it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Today is gonna be 12 for 12 Fight the disease /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Paxx - Keep it up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Resistance is futile