Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Was Canada robbed?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Feb 13, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I was watching the Olympic couples ice skating last night. Watched Russia and they were good, but they kinda screwed up and weren't all that hot. Then it was Canada's go and they kicked some butt!! But then the scores popped up and silver? WTF? Who thinks Canada got robbed in the metals? Something fishy going on.... I wonder how this will turn out!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I agree with ya one this one .......... screw job.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

3. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Yes, the Canadian skaters definitely got robbed!! I watched it and couldn't believe it happened.

Here's how the story is unfolding...

<a target="_blank" href=http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/figure/story?id=1330977>http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/figure/story?id=1330977</a>

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> That is just downright wrong, expecially in the Olympics ! Those people work for years to be there and to have this happen is a travisty ! Those countries should lose ALL their medals and give them to the athletes who deserve it ! I know that this will never happen but it should !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

This is the reason I dont watch the Olimpics. Their fake just like big time wrestling, thats right I said fake. They always gotta lett those friggin Russin commie sons-o-b$#@*'s and those no good commie Chiniees win so that there wont be an "international scandel" man screw that we should nuke those stinkin basterds. I give no respect to countrys that sell off they'er women and children

Corey 78K5
    350CI, TH350, 203, Dana 44,12 Bolt, 4"lift, Shackel Flip, Sawsall and 35" BFG's

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I didn't see it,but I keep hearing about it... Sounds like a Screw Job to me!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

any sport with 'presentation scoring' is fixed
    common knowledge
    not sure what the big deal is this particular time
    its just figure skating
    when does the hockey start?

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I didn't see the comp, but heard about it. If its true then that is crap. I did see a press conference about it and they had the Canadian female skater talking, and she was HOT. They need to export that girl my way. [​IMG]

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Here's the run down on it. I saw the story on the new's tonight and it looks as though this female French judge is the one at fault. Aperently she and a Ruskie judge had a plan to vote for one anothers teams. They showed a close up of her and she had guilt writen all over her ugly mug.

Corey 78K5
    350CI, TH350, 203, Dana 44,12 Bolt, 4"lift, Shackel Flip, Sawsall and 35" BFG's

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The French judge fessed up last I heard...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

one question

WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER?

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

12. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

because people have worked all their lives for it. That's why it matters.

"Out in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin no pain" Waylon Jennings 1937-2002

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

13. tRustyK5

Some people have spent most of thier lives training 7 days a week hours and hours on end and only get one maybe two shot's at Olympic gold...when they truly do turn in a gold medal performance and get robbed by a crooked judge it matters.

The Olympic's are the best of the best...shouldn't the judging or scoring also be the best?

Rene

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

but why does that matter to me as a person? ( should have phrased it better. ) if I'd spent all my life preparing to take the baby seal clubbing title, no one would care. if I spent all my life practicing for the olympic curling championships, no one would care... even if my rock was .0002 MM closer then the oposing teams rock, and they scandalously won.

even moreso, if I spent all my life in school, to get a great job, and got nixed out of it by someone knowing someone, and hireing the less qualified person instead, no one would care, yet, 2 people spend thier entire lives, throwing eachother around an icehole, which has no real benifit in life, doesn't produce money ( except perhaps for the skaters sponsers) doesn't create any tangible products, and leaves them with no usefull skills after they turn 25 and get `too old for it' and someone interferes with the pissing contest, and billions of people world wide protest, scream, yell, tear up everything, and Force me to watch it on news breaks every 3rd commercial. what about the teachers that teach our children? school budgets keep getting cut, teachers are starving, and no one seems to give a damn, as much as they care that someone got a chunk of silver, instead of a chunk of gold. the outcome of this isn't going to affect my life any. I'm still going to be cheated out of jobs, when I have children in the future, they're still going to get a crappier education then I did, and I'm still going to lose the Ice curling competition. what about the enron thing, and thousands of old people who've had thier retirement stolen from them by it? what about the thousands of kids who are kidnapped every year? no one seems to care about them, and yet they can suddenly all demand that the judges take the gold medal away from another team, and hand it to the canadians. can anyone explain to me, why life should be made fair for these athletes, but no one else?

-Rich

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>

15. tRustyK5

Nobody is claiming that figure skating is the cornerstone of what's important in life. However, the Olympic's are watched with fervor around the globe for all the same reasons any sport is watched. It's entertainment. It's also competiton and for those that invest their time watching it the accuracy of the scoring or judging is equally important. without that there is no point whatsoever in any of it. Without unbiased scoring and judging it becomes nothing better than the WWF.

So just because these people don't teach our children, or save lives what they do is of no concequence? Should we ban all entertainment or anything thta's fun? Sports are important, just not for the same reason's that doctors and teachers are. Sports teach children the value of fair play, teamwork, and give them a competitive spirit. Sports also provide a welcome distraction from day to day stress for a lot of people...

Do you have to feel it's important? Nope... Do you have to care that the judging was a sham? Nope... For the rest of us it's a black eye for the Olypmic's though and on that level it is important. I would like my kids to think hard work and dedication to something will be worth it in the end, whether it's education or sports or whatever. This just show's that it's not what you do...it's how much you paid the damn judge.

Rene

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

100%!!!!! If I were a judge, I'd give that post a 10 Rene.

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

17. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

beautiful Post, and I can see what you're saying, but you sumed it up beautifully for me....
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

This just show's that it's not what you do...it's how much you paid the damn judge.

<hr></blockquote>

this is exactly how real life works. sometimes justice is served, and the right people walk away with the golden kewpie dolls. in other situations, someone buys off the judges, and throws everything out. the last thing I need is for my kids to learn that life is always fair, and always runs smoothly.

on another note, I never watch sports, unless the tickets are free, and I can't find something better to do. ( I'm a geek, so? ) I didn't bother to watch most of the world series, because in the scheme of things, it didn;t matter to me wether they won or lost. now, having a transmission in my truck was important, so I did that instead. if I want entertainment, I generaly find some friends, and go cause trouble.

-Rich

18. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

yep! 10 from the Texas judge!

"Out in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin no pain" Waylon Jennings 1937-2002

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Then don't reply Rich if you don't care... it's that simple....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm gonna go with Rich... If whoever lost lost they should get the f*ck over it... If they want a gold medal, they can find a trophy shop or something and have one made, it'd be about as valuble as having a gold medal HANDED to them because they couldn't handle losing...

Of course I didn't watch it, so I don't know if the competitors are the ones freaking out or not... I hope I didn't just make myself look stupid :P

Doesn't matter who's complaining... they need to get over it...

It doesn't even matter what anyone thinks... The judges decisions should be final and it should be their opinion, true or not. It all comes down to the unfortunate fact that people are expected to do things that will make most people happy...

"The Canadian Olympic delegation on Tuesday was reported to have requested an investigation into why Russians Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze won the gold medal when many observers feel that Canadians Jamie Sale and David Pelletier were more worthy"

Again, why does it matter what many observers think should have happened? Whoever's decision was "wrong" should be a respectable icon for the future of the world because they had the balls to go and support THEIR opinion, with no concern for how OTHER people feel about their opinion.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Capman2k on 02/14/02 12:55 PM.</FONT></P>