Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Was going great til....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Sep 9, 2001.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Okay so the "puke" ( said that numerous times today) is now offically a 1/ 2 ton. The rear swap went fine, until we figured out the u-joint doesnt fit.. don't ask why, the men were doing that part, while I figured hell, I can put the inner/outters and the radiator support together (much easier to put on in one piece). worked great, got the radiator support hooked to the outters, got the inners lined up ,,, and realized I didn't have the clips for the bolts to connect to.. so needles to say there was numerous words flying, right next to the rachets, wrenches etc,, that the guys were flingin from the u-joing situation. so, the truck still sits, with nothing but the hood beyond the doors. Smart that I am -- bought some tail lights off ebay- my trim wasn't lookin that hot, go to put them on, think that would go easy? NOPE got one one, the other one seems to be the wrong part. OH hell, I still have time to put my vent windows back in the doors ( waiting for new but expecting a storm) and maybe even put the new weather strippin on around the doors, all works great, windows in no shattered glass, thinking this is great, etc.. go to pull out the old weatherstrip, take the trim off get up by the dash, low and behold there is a sliver of trim right there, well , should say there WAS trim there, snugged up the weatherstrip, picked up the tools all over the yard, came inside and had a cold one. MAN i thought I was going to get this truck road worthy this weekend. Anyone with nothing to do next weekend, wanting to venture to Vermont? starting to feel like I might be "solowookie's" long lost sibling.. (JUST KIDDING)

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear,(sitting next to truck) 12 bolt (still in truck) dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305----

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

starting to feel like I might be "solowookie's" long lost sibling.. (JUST KIDDING)

<hr></blockquote>

LOL... LMAO... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    man... it does kinda seem that way doesn't it??? actually quite a few things have been going a bit better... I will be much happier when that jb weld sets up, and my timing guide is ok... otherwise I'm gonna have to go find a new one, and I do not think that would be easy around here...

well I hope everything ends up working out for ya.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. Today when I put my new fenders on my Jimmy I forgot the clips and had to take them back off. I ued an air rachet though, so it went quicker than a rachet.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Well the right wing window frame is in the mail tomorrow.... I got another one like I said... hope it fits! [​IMG] [​IMG]

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;