Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Washington Trails

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by reddog64, Nov 15, 2000.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of good fun trails to run in Washongton State... Between seattle and the canadian Border???

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

How about Walker valley? I haven't been there but I've heard a lot about it. I don't know how 'fullsize friendly' it is though.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

There is a club out in the Seattle area called http://www.4x4specialty.com that I found on the web a couple of days ago. There are about 5 or so K5 owners in the club. I have e-mailed the president and told him to pass on coloradok5.com and they are planning some runs in the near future. Don't know if I will get away from work soon but would be nice to go out with them.

David 75K5
    http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com
    Soon to be moved to http://extremeblazer.com

[​IMG]

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Are you in Washington David?

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Yes,I'm in Newport, WA which is about 50 or so miles northeast of Spokane. Been here for about 3 months, came from Black Hills, SD. Where is Skagit County?

David 75K5

[​IMG]

6. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

I am moving to Pinehurst which is 50 miles east of spokane, WA. There is a club based in Cour D'Alene http://www.nitb.org/ and a chevy club based in spokane with quite a few blazers. http://members.aol.com/bowtie4x4club/bowtie4x4.html They are doing a christmans tree run on DEC. 9 that I am hoping to go on. Depends if I can rebuild my carb by then, tired of running rich.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

7. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

walker vallys ok havnt gone through the entire park but what i did see seemed prety full size freindly theres also the p5000 road in sulton go through the sulton rec area its gated off on the granite falls side why i dont know havnt been there yet but thinking about it next saterday to check out .also reader pit in goldbar i beleive its fullsize friendly but rough terrane rocks and stuff thats what ive heard . dont know of any more but in always looking . what part of skagit county are you in ? im in the everett area.

8. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Reider Rd. has some cool stuff, from hill-climbs to rocks to mud. Shaw Lake Trail up off of Sultan Basin Rd. is a really good one too with lots of rocks. Don't know how it is now, I've heard erosion has made a couple of spots pretty scary. That's were I rolled my first K5 and it got stripped clean in two days. As soon as I get the doubler in my rig (beginning of Aug.) a guy I used to work with and I are going to go do MIller River Trail (by Money Creek Campground, just before Skykomish on Hwy 2.) He also wants to go up to Index Wall. There's a few trails for you to check on, I'll try to post a link to some awesome maps. As soon as I am rollin', let's get a run going somewhere locally.

9. blazerbum

ya let me know id be interested in a get together with saome fellow k5ers im pretty close to to the locations you mention everett area.

10. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Check out the map section of www.pnw-offroad.com I'm thinking Miller River around the middle of August. They have really awesome maps. Very slow with dial-up. ~1.5 Mb

11. blazerbum

cool i checked it out your right pretty cool maps of places ive heard of but didnt know were they were keep me posted about mid aug id be interested in some 4x4

12. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

No problem.

(just a useless post to move me up the scale)

13. blazerbum

hey got about five guys who are interested in going to little naches for the day the 25th of aug interested?

14. 69blazergirl

69blazergirl Registered Member

I've heard Thurston Co ORV park is pretty cool, you have to pay like 8 bucks to camp but it's all weekend, heard it's a clean area, motocross track, mudbogs, and alot of trails. It's on the way to Ocean Shores I think?!

1969 K5 * 7" lift * 36 x 12.50 Swampers * SB 400 TH400 NP 205 *

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Where is Ocean Shores? Not on the Long Beach Peninsula is it? Clue me in here..........we have property down at Osterville on the LB Peninsula..........

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

16. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

im for little naches heading up there this weekend hopefully

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

17. blazerbum

in heading up that way on the 25th let me know how it is it will be my first time there thanks

18. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Thuston county ORV would be useless this time of year. No mud, its all dried up. The 25th at little naches would be awesome. Let us know how it is, dry or still a little muddy.

73 3/4 ton Chevy. 383 stroker, TH350, NP 205, 14bolt FF(Detroit), Dana 44(limited Slip), 6in. lift, 36x 14.5 super swampers