Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Waste water laws.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jhellwig, Sep 16, 2005.

1. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

My parents are building a garage on their farm. They have a drain in the floor that goes to the ditch along the highway. Connected to this drain is a pipe that was intended to run to a sink we were planning to put in. Well scince we started on this garage dad has been trying to get ahold of county sanitiation engineer to ask about the drain. He could never get ahold of the guy and the guy never atempted to get intoutch with dad. We now have the garage completly built, drain is in and needed to get ahold of the guy so he could sign some papers so that we could get a tax break for building the thing. Dad found the guy today and told him what we had done. Everthing is ok except for the sink. The guy told dad that you couldn't drain the sink straight to the ditch. It is supposed to go through the septic sustem because of the bacteria that will grow. BACTERIA??????!??!?!?!?!?! You got to be kidding me! For some reason when there are 40 dead deer in the ditch in a half mile streatch, hog farms along side the road and god know what else goes into the ditch naturaly they are worried about a little bacteria from a sink???????? WTF? I can gaurentee that there are a ton more bacteria comming out of our septic system than will ever come out of that sink! The dot even okays the drain in the floor of the garage and there is going to be more junk going into that that is worse than bacteria.

So, enough ranting. Does anyone know where I can find the laws in iowa for this junk?

AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg@*)(@#$%&()*!@#$)(@)(*&@# :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Get rid of the sink for now. Then in a few weeks reinstall it. It is the same most places where you can drain floor and storm water but cannot even drain a water fountian to the outside. Something about any water that you use checking to make sure about arobic sp and not antiarobic bactiria sp. The waste water treatment operater at work was explaining a little to me about this today. About the same thing as not supose to drain your washing machine straight to the outside.

3. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

They won't let you drain any city water or rual water cause it has chlorine in it. It is safe for humans to drink but not safe for the ground. Bull****. And in the winter when the DOT dumps a butt load of brin on the roads is ok. I am suprised that someone hasn't whinned about that.

And we are going to ditch the sink for now. The idiot egineer will be here on monday to inspect it so he can sign off. I just wanna prove him wrong when he shows up. Well, dad says we have to wait until after he signs the papers.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I am an electrical contractor.. We deal with inspectors a lot.. First thing I learned, is treat them like a cop. Do not try and prove them wrong.. They will nail you for every little thing. Unless you can show on a code that they are wrong. Then ask them how they understand that part of the code.. Do not go up to the guy and show him he was wrong..