Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wasted advertising dollars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 28, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sonic Drive-In has to waste millions a year in advertising dollars. They advertise for their resteraunts all over the northeast... but there are no Sonics above the Mason Dixon line. Actually there are none in Maryland or Delaware either. I see at least 4 or 5 Sonic ads a day I'd say and I've only ever seen one when I visited Tshy in Louisianna.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

They used to be one of my favorite quick stops. But they really changed in the last few years. Used to be like the neighborhood drive-in, now they are like...........well.........fake friendly for lack of a better term/description.

By the way sled dog..............my wife made Easter dinner English style. Thought there were small roasted potatoes in the turkey pan. Turns out they were Parsnips!!! Not bad...first time I've had 'em. Funny..I never thought to mention to her, your mention of them before. Have them again sometime, goes good with turkey.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

can't remember mentioning them before but I know I like them.

Yeah I've never been to a Sonic, Tshy told me I didn't want to go, she knows me better than anyone so I took her word on it.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry, it was Z3PR..............you had me searching for a good Philly Cheesesteak! Is that the correct term? I read so many posts on so many websites when the weather is bad that I f**k up alot.

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

MMMMMMM, Sonic good!! They've got a new Island Fire Burger. Has some sort of tropical sauce with habeneros in it. Double cheese w/ toppings. I think I'll go get another one today. The're the shiznit :saweet:

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Same goes here! I see the adds all day long but the only Sonics I have ever seen were in the Midwest :crazy:

7. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

same here. I have yet to see one, and it pisses me off cause i want to eat there. We had them back home in texas, so, i've been craving a slush

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yep Philly Cheesesteak is the correct term. I was in Philly on Saturday but no one had money to go get any besides myself and I wasn't paying for 10 Philly Cheesesteaks.

Once in a while I'd like to try something I see on the Sonic ads, but yeah I'd have to drive to Virginia or Ohio, and I don't care that much.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go south young man............. :D

There's a few out there, specifically there's one in Tulare and I think there are a few in Bako.

As for here, we don't have any :smirk:

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Wasted advertising money--and our time...

Yeah,whats the deal with car insurance companies that waste countless minites of our lives watching their commercials.---you think"gee,that Geico company sounds good"--and you call them,and find out they are noteven licenced to do bussiness in your state!!--same with Progressive,or any other company that might save you a nickel... :mad:

Same goes for resturaunt commercials--they are always pushing the Red Lobster ones,or Outback Steakhouse--then you decide to go to one and try them--but the nearest one is 50 miles away--(I went to Red Lobster once--it sucked!!--we get much better FRESH seafood right off the boat in Plymouth harbor 15 miles away!--so much for falling for advertisements--I stay home and buy and cook my own meals--cheaper,and if it sucks,I cant blame anyone but me! :blush: --after hearing about a human finger in Wendy's chili--I'm not eating there either... :eek: :yikes:

The commercials I hate most are those "Vehix.com" ones--where the guy sitting in his E-Z chair pulling the lever and cars pass thru his living room,or the woman who watches the guy paint a car blue--then wants to see it in red again---they have only been on a month or so,but I've seen them a hundred times a day!!-thier older ones with the guy with a computer monitor for a waist were stupid too...hope they dont show them again!-

-Must not be many good advertisment companies anymore--not many commercials worth watching at all--makes me wonder why they bother at all to advertise,when the commercials actually drive me away from the product,and want to boycott it,instead of buy it.. :screwy: :crazy:

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah those Vehix ones are out there in force. I'm sick of commercials that tell you nothing about the product whatsoever. That new Reebok one annoys me, for the computerized or whatever the hell shoes. It bothers me so much, I have no desire to look into wtf the shoes are.

If I want some art house piece, I will watch an independent film or go to an art house :mad: