Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

watafuh is wrong with my blazer?i need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yuba K5, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Yuba K5

Yuba K5 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifmy blazer went to making a knocking sound like there was a rock stuck in the tire yesterday.i went to the shop,jacked up the ass end,and it was hanging up at a curtain spot on the rotation of the tire.not the driveshaft so i was thinking maybee i had broken a tooth off the ring gear in the rear end. since it was just nocking a little i tryed to drive home,and it got worse fast and was hitting real hard. i figured it was the rearend and limped it back to the shop.when i unhooked the driveshaft from the t case the rearend was spinging fine.also the nocking stops when i let off the gas,and deosnt make a sound in reverse.so it isnt the rearend could this be my transmission or tcase?i have an sm465 205tcase.any info would be appriciated. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Can't really help ya it almost sounds likeU-Joints or Xfer case issue? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif...........But O/T Do you guys still wheel down at Shad Pad at the river bottoms?
    Bill

3. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Transfer case mounts bad or need to be shimmed? My truck nocked in 4WD because the transfer case was hitting the crossmember from rotating. Not sure if that's it, but something to look at.