Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Watch me get my butt kicked

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 30, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Here's a mud race video of me smoking while getting smoked.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3594194678991363066

It didn't help that I had a tired motor with bad rings and ended up getting paired with 2 of the fastest 3 vehicles out there. But I'm a good loser. It was still fun in an oil burning sort of way.

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I think all the smoke your blowin tells the whole story.

And who would race a truck thats smokin like that when they know they're fast as hell. It's like Lance Armstrong racing in the special olympics. :D

Nice vid, good choice on the music:wink1:.

Al

3. mountainexplorer

Everyone gets paired up just based on your numbers you get when you sign in. There were alot of other rigs in Modified class that I wasn't going any slower than, but it just made me look all the more pathetic being paired up to these guys instead. My friend Nathan drove it on 4 of the 8 runs. He drove the 396 when it was in "The Big Crew Cab" and plain out was amazed at how gutless the motor had gotten.

I also entered my '84 K5 Blue Blazer that same day and happened to get paired up with "The Purple Jeep", which was one of the fastest rigs in Street and Trail class that year with a built high dollar 350. I found it ironic when I found out each time who my rigs were paired with.

Overall it's a time race and doesn't really matter about who wins the side by side matches. But it's always cooler if you do. :D

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Hey... at least you dinna get stuck. :D

5. mountainexplorer

That's true. That would have been even more embarrassing if I would have gotten stuck and dissapeared into my own smoke cloud. :haha:

I put the 38" Swamper Radials on it in hopes of having tires that were easier to spin than the 39.5 Boggers. Boggers would have hooked up better but also robbed more power from the already dying 396.

I felt like I was in slow motion all day long.