Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Watch the news in CO.!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm Trooper, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Fire is burning in Glenwood Springs. West Glenwood is being evacuated. I-70 closed from Gypsum to Rife. Hope they stop it! Dam fires.....

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I was just reading details at www.denverpost.com. Sounds like it's pretty bad out that way. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I hope that the ORD gang is OK!

3. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

This sucks!I live close to Glenwood and have friends that live right there.This fire started from a burning coal vein.This vein has been burning underground for years.The problem is we have had lots of wind so they couldn't air drop anything.The Interstate is still closed today.Don't even know if I will be able to goto work tommorow.They are air dropping today.Hoefully they will get it under control.Brady

4. HarryH3

The news here reported that the Glenwood Springs fire is moving north, away from town. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

There's another one much closer to here that some f$%king idiot started by lighting a campfire, even though campfires are totally against the law in the entire state right now. I hope he gets the death penalty, after they take everything he owns and burn HIS house down. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif The buttwipe doesn't deserve to be on this planet. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif It started near Lake George yesterday and has grown to over 10,000 acres since then. The smoke plume is incredible... It's creating haze at Denver International Airport, which is probably 70-80 miles away from the fire. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I just heard the lake george fire is over 20,000 acres and heading north east. I Have some friends out in Slit which is just west of the fire in Glenwood. I-70 is now open but they are not allowing any K5's with soft tops through...J/K. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Fires really suck...we need rain big time!
    Can't belive someone was dumb enough to build a campfire!

6. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

This is terrible!, the smoke here in Denver is NASTY!, if this keeps going like it is, we will have no forests left by the end of summer!.... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

7. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

UPDATE on the Haymen fire: The federal government took the unusual step of closing all forest land to recreational use within 5 counties along the Front Range in the onslaught of a huge forest fire raging out of control in three of the counties.

The order affects Jefferson, Douglas, Park, Teller, and El Paso Counties and prohibits access to the forest, including driving through the forest area unless you are a resident or land owner.

8. HarryH3

That's one way to make certain that no knuckle draggers build a camp fire! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Ive been up all night answering phones at the 911 dispatch here in durango, we have a fire burring pretty close to town somthing like 650,000 acres gone allready. a different one last week not to far from this one burned 20,000 crazy

10. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

The glenwood springs fire is out of control again.My buddy lost everything to it.The winds have been going all afternoon.Not good.Talking about closing I-70 again. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

11. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Crazy.
    I talked to my mom today she said her local news said "colorado is on fire" its just getting started too /forums/images/icons/frown.gif