Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Watched one of my favorite movies again tonight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I had to order a new copy on DVD since I've worn my VHS version out. Jeremiah Johnson is just a classic that never gets old. If you haven't ever seen it, and many of you youngsters probably have not, it is a must see. I remember seeing it in college at the campus theater. It has had a major influence on my life and my choice of where I spend my recreational time. I'd have to rank it up there in my top five favorite movies of all time.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I got a blast from the past..... The Warriors.

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Yes, JJ is an awsome flick. I still laugh when I think of the "Skin 'em pilgrim!!!" part.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man. Acted like they was gut-shot. Says, "son, make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Them mountains is for animals and savages." I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God I was right. :thumb:

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I bought that last month, it might just have to get tossed in the player today...

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Every time I see that movie I get hungry for a big plate of liver and onions.

The "Mountain Men" is also a good movie. Its another movie I never get tired of seeing.

I rember seeing the orginal 1934 version of "Treasure Island when I was a young boy. Great movie! Prolly one of the best ever made .It had a profound infulence on me. Arrrrrrrr!

7. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I saw Jeremiah Johnson on the DVD sale rack about 6 months ago. I had never seen it before (only 23 years old), but it looked like my kind of movie. Now I've watched it about 3 or 4 times now. I might have to look for the movie "Mountain Men" now...

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The scenery is just phenomenal. It was shot in several of the Utah forests. Another favorite of mine for scenery was Pale Rider with Clint Eastwood. It was shot in the Sawtooth National Rec area north of Sun Valley, Idaho.